Major purpose: Under moderate supervision of the Mfg lead and/or Supervisor Production, the E/M Assembler B is responsible for performing Cable Harness assembly and Electro-Mechanical assembly work ranging from simple to complex in accordance with work order instructions, Engineering Drawings and Manufacturing Process Specifications.
Major functions: NOTE: Due to the varying production requirements at the time of hire, this position may require soldering skills to Military specifications or ANSI-J-STD-001 in addition to mechanical/assembly skills or may require only mechanical/assembly skills. This is to be determined by the Manager/Supervisor based on the tasks and production needs.
1. Assemble Electro-Mechanical parts and perform inner chassis wiring connections using both calibrated and non-calibrated hand tools per work order instructions.
2. Must have basic understanding of standard hardware installation sequence.
3. Must be able to read hardware descriptions on Engineering BOM and physically identify the characteristic of the hardware
4. Must be able to assemble simple to complex Cable and Harness assemblies if necessary.
5. Must be able to move or manipulates heavy parts and assemblies ranging to 50lbs.
6. Must possess the skills and knowledge to select and use the proper hand tools for assemblies.
7. Complies with companys safety rules and regulations.
8. Ability to communicate issues, concerns and/or questions to his or her supervisors.
9. Responsible for the accuracy of time charging on job performed.
10. Responsible for keeping his or her work area clean and well organized.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Technical/Functional skills: LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract multiply and divide.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate though at time may require the use of hearing protection.
Education/Experience/Licenses etc.: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Position requires 2 to 4 yrs. experience in related electro-mechanical assembly.
2. Able to pass soldering test and be certified ANSI-J-STD-001 as required.
3. Must have good knowledge of IPC/WHMA-A-620.
4. Must possess good to excellent assembly blueprint reading skills.
5. Must be able to read and understand both written and verbal instructions in English.
6. Must have excellent understanding of hardware requirements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. One year certificate from college or technical school; must have 2 -4 yrs related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.