To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jonesboro, AR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chief Executive Officer, Post Acute Services - Jonesboro, AR
Community Hospital Corp • Jonesboro, AR
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Chief Executive Officer
Arkansas Continued Care Hospital of Jonesboro, AR
The CEO provides leadership, strategic guidance and management direction to all aspects of the hospital's operations while ensuring compliance with the hospital's mission, vision, values, goals, strategic direction, and applicable laws and regulations.
The CEO is accountable for safe and quality patient care, developing and managing to a financially sound annual operating budget and long-term capital expenditure plan, hiring and retaining qualified and productive staff, managing risk, leading performance improvement, and maintaining effective relationships with Boards, medical staff, patients, employees, the community and the corporate office.
Education & Experience
- Master's Degree in a healthcare related field such as MHA/MBA/MPH/MS, or a BS in a health care related field with a business related masters, or the equivalent in education and experience
- 5-7 years' progressively more responsible experience at the senior administrative level
- Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH) or similar experience required
- CEO experience generally required, COO experience is preferred
- Must have a track record of effective operational, financial, business development, and strategic skills
- Must have a track record of proactively developing positive relationships with physicians, employees, Board members and community leaders
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to enhance a quality of care environment, positive clinical outcomes and a high level of patient, physician and employee satisfaction
- Ability to mentor and cultivate a talented management team
- Ability to lead a high performing team and achieve results through others
- Proficient knowledge of all related post-acute care legal, regulatory and financial requirements
- Ability to work with all levels of management and respecting all differences
- Ability to create and maintain a positive community image
- Ability to define goals and develop strategic opportunities for the betterment of the hospital
- Ability to define realistic, specific goals and objectives and to prioritize effectively
- Ability to communicate openly, effectively with multiple audiences
- Ability to be diplomatic and possess a high degree of political savvy
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and produce quality results
- Ability to identify and resolve operational and administrative problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Ability to be trustworthy and possess and utilize a core set of ethical values
- Proficient knowledge to understand and apply the concepts, terminology, programs and processes unique to the post-acute healthcare industry
- Proficient interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient PC skills
- Possess a strong customer and service to others orientation
- Possess sound and accurate judgment and timely decision making
- Establishes and communicates a clear and compelling vision. All stakeholders should know the hospital's mission, vision, and priorities
- Works with Board, senior management team, physicians and staff to develop, implement, and update strategies and opportunities for growth and improvement to support the hospital's mission and respond to external and internal issues. Ensures the Governing Board is fully informed of the conduct of the hospital by submitting periodic written reports and by attending meetings of the Governing Body
- Conducting interdepartmental meetings at regular intervals and maintaining minutes of the meetings; preparing an annual operating budget of anticipated income and expected expenditures; and preparing a capital expenditure plan for at least a three year period
- Is responsible for the operational, strategic, financial and clinical performance of the hospital
- Provides for a system of control which clearly identifies deviations from plans and budgets; assure periodic comparison of performance and/or results against established standards for objectives; and assure corrective actions for deviation from plans so that annual results are in line with strategic goals
- Maintains the hospital's compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements
- Establishes personal and professional credibility and an environment of trust, candor and genuine two way communications
- Serves as a positive role model and mentor. Provides hospital operations coaching or mentoring
- Attracts and retains physicians; maintain high levels of physician satisfaction
- Implements Board education and development programs through internal and external resources
- Takes a proactive approach to managed care, healthcare reform and related issues
- Develops new business opportunities
- Participates in and represent the hospital in professional, civic, and service organizations
- Keeps abreast of new legislative information that impacts the acute care venue
- Manages subordinate leader(s) who supervise employee(s) and/or supervise individual contributors as appropriate
- Defines and communicates performance expectations
- Plans, assigns and directs work: follows up to assesses achievement of results
- Evaluates performance; coaches employees on an ongoing basis and takes developmental action as needed
- Rewards and recognizes notable performance
- Addresses complaints, resolves problems and addresses unacceptable behavior promptly
- Attracts, develops and retains talent
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with hospital's policies and applicable laws
We offer a competitive base salary plus an annual incentive pay package with a maximum potential payout of 30% along with an excellent benefits program. Paid relocation will be provided if needed.
Arkansas Continued Care Hospital of Jonesboro is a 44-bed free standing Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH) facility. Located in Jonesboro, Arkansas, Continue Care Hospital of Jonesboro is managed by CHC ContinueCARE and is specifically licensed to provide care for critically ill patients who require daily physician and staff attention for complex medical issues.