Cherokee Millwright, Inc. is seeking a dependable and motivated CDL Class driver who can consistently ensure safe and accurate deliveries of heavy/industrial equipment. Must be detail-oriented, efficient, and have a clean driving record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle
- Drive trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) capacity of more than 26,000 lbs.
- Pull a towed weight exceeding 10,000 lbs.
- Ensure trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to tractor unit
- Transport a wide variety of items from place of origin to assigned destination
- Pick-up loads and organize goods in an ordered, logical manner
- Safely strap and secure loads for safe transport
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods at selected destinations
- Obtain signatures or warehouse scans to confirm and complete deliveries with clients
- Assist in mapping delivery routes
- Stay on predetermined route and ensure timely deliveries
- Communicate with dispatch as needed
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Track and report working hours
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have a valid CDL Class A Driver License
- Must currently have or be able to obtain a CDL medical card
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Minimum of one year hauling, loading, and unloading heavy/industrial equipment (large forktrucks, man-lifts, welders, industrial machinery, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Clean MVR
- Ability to operate the following equipment: Electric lift, hand truck, pallet jack, forklift, overhead crane, and other aerial equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)