Provides direct nursing care in settings where patients require complex assessments and intervention, in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
* Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the health care consumer's health and/or situation.
* Triages each health care consumer utilizing age, developmentally appropriate, and culturally sensitive practices to prioritize and optimize health care consumer flow, expediting those health care consumers who require immediate care.
* Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues.
* Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the health care consumer or the situation.
* Implements, coordinates, and educates, to promote health and a safe practice environment.
* Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
* Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
* Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
* Attains knowledge and competence that reflect current nursing practice.
* Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to Emergency Nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing
* No experience required
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works
- Data Entry
- Evidence Based Practice