To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Garland, TX
- Ashley M
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
JR level Mechanical Engineer
Aerotek • Garland, TX
Posted 26 days ago
Entry level BSME to help grow engineering design team in the furniture industry.
SolidWorks Drafter / Engineer
Immediate need for experienced 3D CAD drafter/engineer using SolidWorks to create production drawings for furniture.
* Efficiently 3D model and draft furniture using SolidWorks
* Modify assemblies, parts, and drawings
* Prepare construction drawings for manufacturing over seas
* Read customer specs and design to match
* Review preproduction samples via reports and first article inspections
* Troubleshoot production issues
* Review and markup drawings from other drafters/engineers
* Assist engineering and project management staff with day to day project functions
* Train and mentor inexperienced drafters
* Ability to work on a team regarding design/drawing production
* Strong knowledge of SolidWorks in a development design capacity
* Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
* Organized and detail oriented
* Basic understanding of basic structural engineering design principles.
* Receive work direction, assist in effectively organizing projects, communicate effectively and foster a cooperative work environment
Education and Experience
* 2-5+ years experience using SolidWorks in design or engineering field
* Related design certificate or associate degree or equivalent experience in engineering field.
* Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
* Additional beneficial skills (not required, but would be a plus):
* Rendering experience
* Experience with cabinetry, wood products, or furniture
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.