To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Denver, CO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Denver, CO
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
NETWORK ENGINEER II/III Openings
More info on the project:
- Focus: insourcing for staffing out Network Operations Center and Network architecture and engineering services teams.
- Stressed the importance of ISP experience (CenturyLink, Comcast/Xfinity, Verizon, AT&T, etc.) for the technical resources.
- Great opportunity to have your input heard and to make an impact that will change their network completely.
- Locations in Downtown Denver or Golden
- 10+ openings available. All position will go permanent! Offer phenomenal benefits (including a pension)
Responsible for designing and troubleshooting complex infrastructure/network systems. Under minimal supervision, establishes infrastructure/networking environment by designing, defining, and documenting systems configurations while enforcing systems standards. Oversee deployment of new systems and/or network infrastructure. Maximizes infrastructure/network performance by troubleshooting infrastructure network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with architects on systems optimization.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least five years of experience in system/network design and operations.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with all phases of operating systems HW, SW, and concepts on at least one platform.
- Has knowledge of future technology trends within area of expertise.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Infrastructure/Network Design – Work with users and IT operations to define requirements for new systems/network implementations. Evaluate available technologies within established standards to meet design requirements. Develop technical design for implementation of approved technologies. Develop configuration standards for use by operations team. Consult with system/network administration when requested.
- Infrastructure/Network Optimization – Using system/network performance data propose changes to improve availability and reliability. Using resource utilization data propose changes to increase system/network efficiency and capacity. Work closely with system/network administration to deploy and monitor recommended optimizations.
- Operational Support – Provide technical review of proposed changes. Work closely with the system/network administration team to plan and execute major firmware and operating system upgrades. Provide Level 4 technical support to resolve critical production incidents.
- Project Support – Provide technical designs according to project requirements. Provide input to project planning and scheduling. Provide technical oversight and quality assurance for technology deployments.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178