To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashville, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior IT Business Analyst
Permanent General Companies, Inc. • Nashville, TN
Posted 1 month ago
The General is seeking qualified applicants for Senior IT Business Analyst to join our company at our corporate headquarters in Nashville, TN.Responsibilities
This position works on large/complex projects with stakeholders from business units, information technology, and related third parties to define and document business processes and requirements for technology initiatives. The role works directly with and provides support to information technology and business functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Participate in complex and/or high visibility projects
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, JAD sessions, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate and proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: functional requirements, business requirements document, use cases, functional specification, requirements traceability, GUI, screen and interface mockups and wireframes
- Support project management by contributing to project status, progress, risks, deadlines and resource needs
- Support and adhere to standard practices and processes within the both agile and waterfall SDLC frameworks
- Adhere to enterprise documentation standards
- Takes direction from leads and managers for prioritization of work in support of delivering high quality work products on time
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of enterprise experience in selected technology field
- Understanding of information technology and the business analysis fields
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Analytical and facilitation skills
- Ability to engage in a limited number of enhancements and small initiatives simultaneously
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with all business stakeholders
- Ability to meet deadlines, work within and across teams, and with external customers with direction
- Off hours availability: May require occasional extended hours on evenings or weekends in support of project deadlines, product deployments, customer launch schedules, etc.
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Jira, Confluence, Visio experience preferred
- Working knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle including planning, designing, developing, testing, and releasing custom software applications.
- Some knowledge of non-standard automobile insurance systems is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in any computer related field (Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology etc.) or business administration is desired.
- IIBA Certification
- PMI PBA Certification
- Tool Experience Preferred
- Atlassian development tools: JIRA, Confluence
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)