If helping others is second nature to you, bring your passion for providing exceptional service to UnitedHealth Group. This position is a great first step for transitioning into a sales career and watching your contributions help our business to grow. At UnitedHealth Group, you’ll have a portfolio of products available that are greatly improving the life of others. Performance leads to success and your life’s best work.(sm)
As a Sales Support Specialist, you will be responsible for taking incoming phone calls from customers who have already received a quote to answer any follow up questions. Assist customers with completing their enrollment applications. The Sales Support Specialist will assist the sales department and any new outbound customer campaigns during high call volume periods.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8.5 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8am to 10pm Monday – Thursday, 8am to 8pm Friday and 9am to 5:30pm Saturdays. These hours are subject to change depending on the seasonal nature of our business. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 7440 Woodland Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46278.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Handle customer inquiries regarding health and supplementary UnitedHealth One products including answering plan questions, providing enrollment support, as well as making follow up calls to new and existing customers
- Data entry in order to update our internal database with customer data
- Conduct outbound phone calls to prospective customers to prescreen sales leads before handing off to the Insurance Sales and Service Representative
- When applicable, assist the sales lead by providing a quote to the customer
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1 year of related experience including analyzing and problem solving for customers is required
- Minimum education level of a high school diploma or GED; or equivalent experience
- State health/life license is not required at time of hire; however, hired individuals must obtain the necessary state health / life licensing within 30 days of employment. This expense will be covered by the company
- An additional $1,000 sign-on bonus is available if you have an active Health Insurance License.
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period and successfully complete the training program including demonstrating proficiency of the material
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 1+ years sales experience with documented success
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Spanish proficiency
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications including strong keyboard and navigation skills, and learning new computer programs
- Ability to multi - task, including the ability to navigate a computer while speaking on the telephone
- Ability to develop an understanding of our multiple products and the levels of benefits within each product
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sales Representative - Remote - $1,000 sign-on bonus for external candidates.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $19.23. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Indianapolis, IN, Indiana, Sales, Support Specialist, UHG, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH, hiring immediately, #RPO, UHO1k , uhomr