UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role will support the Government Programs Sales Incentives team. This team administers sales incentive plans, operationalizes the business rules contained in these plans, and calculates sales incentive payments. Functions of this role will include database architecture, engineering, design, optimization, ETL development, storage engineering, data warehousing; as well as .NET web development in support of reporting, user portals and data entry user interfaces. Responsibilities may include management of design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, ensuring strict data quality, and performing needs assessments, as well as analyzing current business practices, processes, and procedures. This role may also design schemas, write SQL or other data markup scripting and help to support development of data visualization tools and applications that are built on top of the sales data.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Full stack development using SQL, .Net Framework, and other components, unit and integration testing, mock data generation
- Develop ETL processes using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Build fully functional, innovative solutions while integrating reconciliation and control processes
- Drive broader adoption of data visualization tools
- Continued improvement and development of user interface tools
- Support and enhance reporting and analytic tools
- Collaborate with business users to clearly define their analytic and reporting needs
- Consider the customer experience, business impact and solution objective when managing risks and developing/designing solutions
- Work independently
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in SQL (writing complex queries, stored procedures, code optimization, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience developing ETL Processes using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- 2+ years of experience developing reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- 2+ years of experience in .Net web development with a focus on building user interfaces
- 2+ years of experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, technical specifications, design, development, testing, and deployment
- Advanced Degree
- Experience working with and analyzing data to support downstream applications and end users
- Experience writing and executing functional specifications
- Experience working with Python or R
- Experience working with GitHub or other version control software
- Experience developing data visualization using tools such as PowerBI
- Ability to automate tasks into repeatable processes
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.