Are you passionate about leading a team of nurses in an environment that empowers everyone to be the best you can be? An environment that allows you to collaborate with leadership to deliver superior, patient centered care? If you answered yes, then we welcome you to join our Team as a Director of Nursing. Olathe Health nurses provide high quality compassionate care to our patients and their families every day. Our nursing team’s culture of compassion and collaboration expands beyond patient care. We encourage each leader to keep learning and growing by consistently providing them resources to deliver better care.
- Have a four-year Bachelor’s Degree – graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Preferred MSN
- Maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in accordance with the Kansas Nurse Licensure Compact required upon hire
- Healthcare Provider CPR BLS – (American Heart Association or American Red Cross); required with 7 days from date of hire
- Preferred 3 – 5 years’ leadership experience
- Supervises Unit Educator, Nurse Unit Coordinator, Nurse Navigator, RN, PCT, PCT II, Unit Assistant
- Authority, accountability and responsibility for long term planning, charting course for key initiatives, quality of services, financial management, as well as examining and evaluating processes throughout the organization
- Responsible for performance improvement, clinical quality, patient, customer and associate satisfaction
- Keeps current on professional and industry standards, regulations and trends and collaborates with colleagues for necessary revisions to standards
- Assists with patient care when required
Our Nursing Environment Includes:
- Tuition Reimbursement so you can achieve your educational goals (up to $5,250/year)
- RN Residency program that follows the ANCC evidence-based criteria. We want you to be comfortable and confident as you transition from student to nurse to professional nurse
- PACE – Nursing Professional Achievement of Clinical Expertise (PACE) Program
- A Shared Governance Model
- Collaborative professional work environment
- 403b Retirement Plan with 3% company match
- 5 days of Paid Parental/Adoption Leave
- $5k in Adoption Assistance per child
- Paid Sick Leave
- Accrued PTO
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Benefits, including: Life, Accidental Death or Dismemberment, Critical Illness, Long-term Disability, Short-term Disability, Hospital Indemnity, Pet, Identity Theft and Legal Insurance
Reduced cafeteria rates (OMC location only)
Disclosure: Benefits eligibility may vary based on position.
Why Top Talent Join Olathe Health?
Our mission is to help people through healing, health and happiness. Top performers want to be a part of something special…something with a purpose. We want the best and brightest health care professionals who are focused on providing compassionate, personalized care. And we are committed to continue to give our associates growth and developmental opportunities while providing a safe, inclusive and welcoming work environment to do their best work. We all strive to help each other as a team to deliver the best patient care possible. At Olathe Health, we believe that if we take care of our people, they will take care of everything else.
From our modest beginnings with a 30-bed hospital in 1953 to a dynamic, regional health system with more than 2,400 associates today, Olathe Health continues to grow to meet the needs of our patients and the community. The system consists of Olathe Medical Center, Inc. (OMCI), Miami County Medical Center, Inc. (MCMC), and Olathe Health Physicians, Inc. (OHPI), a large physician corporation with 38 locations. The system offers a wide range of services and specialties for individuals in all stages of life, from primary care, pediatrics and maternity care to specialties, including oncology, surgery, orthopedics, spine, cardiology, home health and hospice.
Several of our most recent honors as a system include:
- Fortune/IBM Watson Health named OMC one of the 2021 Top 100 Hospitals.
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded OMC and MCMC four-star ratings in 2021.
- One of Ingram Magazine’s “2020 Best Companies to Work for” (large employer category) and one of the “Best Hospitals in Kansas for Nurses” (according to nurse.org).
Great things are happening at Olathe Health and we would love for YOU to join our team today!
EEO Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
- Nurse Licensure Compact
- Registered Nurse Certified
- Basic Life Support
- Health Facilities
- Ancc Certified
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation