To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Wallops Island, VA 23337
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Vehicle Systems Technician II
Ljt & Associates Inc • Wallops Island, VA
Posted 15 days ago
LJT & Associates, Inc. provides a wide range of engineering and other support services to the U.S. Government and International customers. We are a diversified information technology services company with expertise in the analysis, design, development and implementation of a variety of software and hardware integration solutions. The company has experienced significant growth and seeks qualified candidates to support continued growth in all of our business sectors.
- Knowledge required to perform inspection, assembly, testing, checkout, and preparation for launch of various rocket vehicle systems and subsystems; perform maintenance and acceptance tests of sounding rocket launchers and other ground support equipment; .
- Be able to apply specifications pertaining to rocket vehicle inert components such as fins, tailcans, interstages, electro-mechanical systems or components such as motors, Igniter's, electro-explosive devices, hardware, and electrical systems. Apply safe launch vehicle and pad operations prior to and during count down. Ability to interface effectively with scientists and engineers
LJT provides a very competitive benefits package. Health coverage begins on first day of employment!Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in performing inspection, assembly, testing, and checkout, shipping of various rocket motors, igniter's, and electro-explosive devices according to written procedures
- Assist in the inspection, acceptance, assembly, testing and checkout of all vehicle inert hardware such as fins, tailcans, interstages, launch lugs, adapters, electro-mechanical devices, etc.
- Performs non-routine assignments required to support a complete mission project involving the transporting, assembly, checkout and launch of various rocket vehicle systems
- Assist in the safe launch vehicle and pad operations prior to and during countdowns under the direction of the launch pad supervisor
- Track and maintain calibration, and availability of vehicle systems support equipment such as tools, meters, checkout boxes, etc.
- Assist in the checkout of vehicle hardware and systems to meet flight requirements and install vehicle components (i.e., fins, adapters, electrical harnesses, nozzles, igniter's, etc.) to make up complete stages
- Assist in final launch preparation, checkout, and launching in a safe and timely manner; static firing of solid propellant rocket motors and electro-explosive devices and conducting annual Pyrotechnic Grounding surveys
- Use polymers and thermosetting plastics in making modifications and repairs
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
- Crane Operator Certification per NASA-STD-8719.9 & NPR 8715.3
- Electrostatic Discharge ESD Control per GPR 8730.6
- Forklift Operator Certification per GPR 8719.1
- General Safety Awareness
- Hazardous Materials Handlers (see Safety and Health Plan)
- Ordnance/Pyrotechnics Certification per GSFC/WFF 800-PG-8715.0.2
Minimum Education required for the Position
AS in Mechanical Technology or equivalent military/trade school training.
Launch Systems Technician II – 0 to 2 years related experienceOther Knowledge Skills & Abilities 1. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
2.Must be able to travel.
3.Must be able to obtain a U.S. Passport
4.Background investigation required.
LJT is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V