Our client is currently seeking a Accountant
ACCOUNTANT GENERAL SUMMARY:
Responsible for preparation of journal entries, analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts. Will manage and reconcile various intercompany trading partner relationship, facilitate intercompany chargebacks, complete time sensitive task/reports, and record various accruals. Participates in the monthly closing process and preparation of internal financial statements.
ACCOUNTANT MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare reports and review accuracy of journal entries.
• Prepare journal entries and generate intercompany billings.
• Complete monthly cash and intercompany account reconciliations accurately and timely.
• Ensure that reconciling items are properly identified and resolved.
• Analyze variances and provide explanations to management.
• Provide support with month end consolidation.
• Manages foreign currency revaluation process.
• Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
• Working knowledge of Inter-company Consolidation, Elimination and Adjustments.
• Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes; leads technological implementations for assigned area of responsibility to yield process efficiency gains.
• Ensure internal controls are effectively maintained for assigned tasks.
• Assist in internal, external and statutory audits.
• Ensure GAAP principles are followed.
• Perform related duties as required.
ACCOUNTANT BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BA or BS, preferably in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting
• A minimum of 3+ years comprehensive GL accounting experience
ACCOUNTANT PREFERRED/DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Intermediate computer skills, including standard Microsoft applications; strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent analytical and time management skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; high integrity and self-confidence; ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
• Solid understanding of GAAP
• Demonstrated communication skills (written and oral
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles