$20.00 to $30.00 hourly
Our Non Profit Client currently looking for an experienced Grant Accountant with Abila MIP experience to join their dynamic team for a short-term temporary-to-full-time opportunity. As a Grant Accountant, you will be responsible for cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, account analysis and reconciliations, financial statement preparation and consolidation, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. This Grant Accountant opportunity is located in the Houston, Texas area and will offer you a great professional experience along with attractive compensation. To be immediately considered for this opportunity please email your resume to [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply
What you get to do every single day:
- Maintain a master file of all government grants including reporting dates, documentation requirements and budget allocations.
- Prepare reports to comply with grant requirements.
- Work jointly with program and compliance staff to coordinate program and financial reporting.
- Be responsible for agency interface with sub-recipient agency personnel.
- Process monthly billing requests including the maintenance of internal accounting software reports, reviewing sub-recipient invoices and details for inclusion, preparing all backup documentation for submission and filing, updating -
master spreadsheet summary, matching tracking and documentation by contract and organization-wide, delivering billings to grantor prior to deadlines for reimbursement.
- Maintain current and historical files for all grants/contracts.
- Perform monthly analysis of budget vs actual.
- Prepare grant reporting and analysis.
- Monthly, quarterly and/or annually grant reporting.
- Provide support during annual audit with special emphasis on providing documentation needed for the single audit.
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- ERP system experience
- BA/BS in Accounting,
- Minimum 5-7 years of overall general accounting experience
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to retain complex work directions
- Deep understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance
- This position needs to be filled by someone with financial reporting systems proficiency
- Solid understanding of grant accounting
- Abila MIP experience
- Proficiency with corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Highly capable of analyzing financial data and quickly creating accurate reports
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Demonstrated skills in interacting effectively, both verbally and in writing, with functional managers
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at [ Phone number blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply or visit [ Link removed ] to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
© 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Sarbanes Oxley Act (Sox) Compliance