To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hanover, MD 21076
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Personnel Security Officer, Staff
ManTech International Corporation • Hanover, MD
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Clearance Level Needed: TS/SCI
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Staff Personnel Security Officer to join our team in the Hanover, MD area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing operations security support and implementing security requirements
- Interfacing with Program Management, Recruiters, Program Security CSSO and program employees, subcontractors and new hired employees in relationship to servicing and maintaining their clearances
- Interfacing with government contacts with regards to personnel security duties, to include polygraph appointments and subject interviews
- Supporting and maintaining the development of DD-254s to various sub-contractors
- Clearance processing, determine visit request requirements, verify clearance/accesses of contingency, new hires and terminations
- Create, add, and maintain the eCPRL
- Reviews application for employment, and other records to ensure they are accurate, complete and in compliance with client’s guidelines. Uses knowledge of government manuals to ensure compliance
- Makes impartial judgements on the recommended processing times while reviewing confidential candidate material
- Process new-hire paperwork for completeness and accuracy before sending to the customer for determination of security clearances
- Review material and work with Customer to determine type and scope of investigation
- Maintain records in SIMS and keep up-to-date with accurate information
- Process visit requests both inbound and outbound
- Providing courier services and/or visitor escort services for official visitors (government and contractor), vendors and visiting dignitaries
- Update the visitor control system and process visit requests for passing clearances to our facility
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 2-4 years of security related experience
- Must have working knowledge of the NISPOM and ICD/DCIDs.
- Knowledge with SIMS or another comparable security clearance database and document control experience.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Personnel Security clearance processing skills preferably with MPO Customer
- Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
- Interpersonal and People Skills
- Ability to use PC and use MS Office products
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Multi-Tasking Ability
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Listening Skills
- JPAS Skills
- ISFD knowledge preferred
- COMSEC knowledge preferred
Ability to maintain TS/SCI Clearance, a successful poly, and the customer's secure network access