Knauf Insulation North America is the world's fastest-growing insulation manufacturer. We are wholly committed to the conservation of the environment while also sustainably developing and manufacturing a comprehensive line of acoustical fiberglass insulation for residential, commercial, industrial, marine, OEM and metal building applications, using post-consumer recycled materials.
Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of plant automation, electrical equipment, and machinery. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design machine controls. Involved in installation, programming, repair, and troubleshooting of electrical equipment. Provides technical support to plant staff and contractors. Reviews plans and other technical documents, determines scope and/or timing of the project, and monitors costs and project progress. Develops cost estimates and schedules.
We welcome passionate and creative individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and ever-changing environment. Watch our values video to learn more about what we do, our commitment to sustainability and our company values and culture.Responsibilities
- Program and troubleshoot the plant's Process Control system, including HMI and data servers
- Coordinate with Process Engineers and other plant personnel to support their needs for improved process control, data reporting, etc.
- Oversee new plant projects and upgrade/redesign of existing equipment from design/specification through completion; this includes but is not limited to developing scopes of work, requesting quotes, writing purchase orders, coordinating internal and external project team members, monitoring and adhering to the budget and timeline, etc.
- Manage and maintain the plant's power distribution system
- Aggressively pursue technologies to improve safety, product quality, plant profitability and operating efficiency; reduce scrap; lower maintenance costs; etc.
- Support Maintenance with expert level electrical troubleshooting as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering combined with relative experience
- Minimum five (5) years’ Electrical Engineering experience in an Industrial Manufacturing facility
- Minimum five (5) years’ current PLC programming and troubleshooting experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Plant power distribution systems, programmable logic controllers (Allen Bradley preferred), and electric motor controls
- Knowledge of PLC programming and troubleshooting (Rockwell Automation software preferred)
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with vendors and contractors
- Ability to read and interpret complex electrical schematics
- Ability to work proactively, identifying solutions and cost-savings opportunities
- Ability and desire to work in a hands-on industrial manufacturing environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel 5-10% of the time as needed
- Project management skills
- Time management skills
- Organizational skills
- Active listening skills
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Troubleshooting skills
- Problem resolution skills
- Computer skills in a MS Windows Environment; proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Human Computer Interaction
Programmable Logic Controllers