At Standard Motor Products Inc., our multidisciplinary staff distinguishes us as much as the world-class parts we manufacture and distribute. Demonstrating a rare commitment to quality, a genuine passion for the auto market, and a commitment to teamwork, it’s our people who support the products that help make our lines such winners. Join the 5,000 employees found throughout our Long Island City, NY headquarters and in 20 factories and distribution centers throughout the country…and the world.
PROJECT ENGINEER – ELECTRICAL DESIGN
Long Island City, NY
As a key member of our Engineering team, you will help identify potential opportunities for in-house manufacture, while leading efforts in the design/development of new products. In addition, you will assist with the process development for automotive sensor and actuators, as well as provide support for a variety of existing product families.
- Researching and developing product specifications/requirements
- Establishing conceptual and detail design of electrical and electronic assemblies
- Completing Bill of Materials – component/assembly specs and drawings
- Providing estimated material cost
- Performing analysis, integration, and testing
- Evaluating, approving components and products
- Overseeing pre-production assemblies through to pilot-production
- Troubleshooting and resolving quality/assembly issues
- Handling other related functions as needed
To qualify, you must have a Bachelor/Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, along with 10+ years of related product development experience. Experience with automotive sensors/actuators; design and development, PCB schematic/layout design using Solidworks PCB/OrCAD is required. Knowledge of automotive electronics, CAN/LIN bus communications and control systems is preferred. Excellent oral/written communication, problem-solving, organizational, and PC skills are all essential.
We offer a convenient location just outside of Manhattan, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please email: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Project Engineer- Electrical Design, apply online at: smpcorp.com, or send your resume to: Standard Motor Products, Inc., HR Dept-YL, 37-18 Northern Boulevard, Long Island City, NY 11101. EOE M/F/D/V
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS, INC.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Project Engineer- Electrical Design
Computer Control Systems
Printed Circuit Board
Complex Problem Solving