*EVA QUALITY ENGINEER*
*CYFOR* has a rewarding position supporting the NASA Safety and Mission Assurance Engineering Contract (SMAEC II) at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas helping to continue our exploration of space. Come join our team and help us continue the mission of space exploration.
*Job Responsibilities: *
1. Perform multi-area in-line Quality Engineering tasks for critical government furnished equipment (GFE) space flight EVA and EMU hardware to establish and/or assign government mandatory inspection points (GMIPs).
2. Review work authorizing documents and engineering drawings for compliance to NASA/JSC requirements and GMIP assignments.
3. Perform critical review of design changes, oversee failure investigations, develop corrective actions, and prepare investigation reports.
4. Review hardware documentation to identify pre-test status.
5. Perform flight equipment acceptance reviews to determine limited life status, certification status, and open work/issues.
6. Evaluate new designs for flight and critical EVA/EMU ground support equipment to assure compliance with NASA and voluntary consensus industry workmanship requirements and provide recommendations to improve manufacturability/inspectability, and increase reliability.
7. Perform real-time evaluations of flight EVA/EMU equipment manufacturing issues and failures to determine root cause and provide recommended manufacturing process improvements and/or hardware repair or rework methods and procedures.
8. Develop and/or evaluate new or revised inspection requirements, special processes, and workmanship standards for design and manufacture of high reliability EVA/EMU and related equipment and systems for space flight applications.
9. Provide technical and quality support and guidance to less experienced quality personnel.
10. Complete all necessary GFE QE training/certification curriculum, and once certified, serve as mentor to other GFE QE personnel during their on-the-job training.
11. Pursue certification in the secondary discipline of EVA Safety, and complete all necessary training/certification curriculum. Once completed, the GFE QE would be considered “cross-trained” in EVA Safety and may be asked on occasions to perform tasks such as EVA/EMU hazard and FMEA/CIL review, EVA console support, EVA/EMU anomaly support, and EVA/EMU hardware design review support.
*Qualifications, Education and Experience: *
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace/Aeronautical).
• 0-5 years minimum experience in performing quality engineering tasks associated with the manufacture, assembly, processing, and inspection.
• Working knowledge of NASA standards and program requirements documents governing the design, development, manufacture, assembly, processing, testing, inspection, and certification of space flight hardware.
• Prior experience support NASA’s EVA program from a hardware and/or operations perspective.
*Preferred skills: *
• PC literacy with proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong presentation skills in technical forums as well as superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Adaptability and flexibility regarding changes in task assignments and deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and as a member teams.
• Ability to receive and execute specific assignments with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain positive working relationships with NASA customer, peers, and manager/supervisor.
• Must be willing to travel (< 5%), including possible international travel.
*Required*: Candidate must be a US Citizen and able to pass a public trust security clearance.
*COVID Policy: *Prospective and/or new employees must adhere to both CYFOR and Customer-specific COVID protocols when work is performed on site, on a customer or on federal property.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Houston, TX 77058: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* quality engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
- Aerospace Industries
- Assembly And Installation
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis