When a U.S. Navy ship needs repairs, they call us. Join our Marine Services Operation (MSO) as we keep the most powerful Navy the world has known afloat and ready to serve. MSO trades teams provide expert solutions on shipboard alterations & installations for fleet modernization. The selected candidate will be supporting MSO working on electrical systems on surface ships to assist with alterations and installations for fleet modernization. When not assigned to local tasking the trades teams travel to shipyards and military bases located around country and out of the continental United States to complete contracted work. Per diem available based on location when on travel, travel and lodging expenses are covered by the company. #LI-MJ1 *TL
What you will do
- Support trades team by working on active class surface ships to assist with alterations and installations for fleet modernization
- Works to meet standards on various contracts such as Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Naval Information Warfare Systems Command and Naval Surface Warfare Center.
- Installs, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment.
- Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on products such as shipboard systems, integrated systems and related equipment/software at company, customer and/or field locations.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problems in minimum time.
- Applies comprehensive understanding of production and processes toward completion of assignments.
- Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others.
- Performs a variety of complicated and non-routine tasks.
- Develops and uses technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports.
- Schedules, reports and briefs customers and senior management.
- Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
What you must have
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent, and 6 years of related experience.
- Must have experience with troubleshooting, maintenance and repairs of electrical distribution systems and its associated equipment on marine vessels.
- Must be proficient in reading electrical drawings and schematics.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with shipboard electrical power distribution systems.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD secret security clearance, and maintain clearance level throughout employment.
- Must be able to obtain base access credentials within 60 days of start date, and maintain credentials throughout employment.
- Must be able to travel between 50% - 75% when not assigned to local tasking.
- Must be able to provide hand tools per trades designation.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
Preferred: Bonus points for...
- Candidates who have graduated from and/or completed a vocational school or a skilled trades certificate program are preferred.
- Candidate with a current or active DoD clearance preferred.
- OSHA 10 Maritime Certification a plus.
Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs. Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces. Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May ride ships at sea for extended periods. May require wearing a respirator. Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
Building on a legacy of more than a century of naval shipbuilding, Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries provides mission-critical solutions to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide. Comprising nearly 6,000 professionals in 45 states and 16 countries, our unique national security services portfolio includes unmanned systems, defense and federal solutions, and nuclear and environmental services. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division supports national security missions around the globe with unmanned systems, nuclear and environmental services, and defense and federal solutions. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally. For more information, visit: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr. Marine Electrician (Mastertradesperson 4) - 4534.
Federal Executive Order 14042 requires that covered contractor employees who work on, or in connection with, covered Federal contracts or at covered contractor workplaces may be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and comply with other requirements. Covered contractor employees also must comply with agency COVID-19 workplace safety requirements while in Federal workplaces. Applicant agrees to comply with said requirements to the extent they apply to the applied-for position.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
- Confined Spaces
- Electrical Installation Work
- Heavy Equipment
- Problem Solving