Note: This is a full-time, direct-hire,No C2C, 3rd party or H-1B at this time. This position is ONSITE in St. Paul, MN (55110). We appreciate all of our applicants, but we are not able to sponsor at this time. Pay up to 95k.
Manufacturing Quality Engineer
- Principles: Supports and models the company’s principles that are identified in the Declaration of Belief and Direction Statement, in all areas of conduct and business.
- Leadership: Lead by example and service. Mentor and assist in the development of team members in achieving quality objectives. Lead continuous improvement activities within the quality department and cross functionally in the organization. Develop others through coaching, mentoring, encouraging and recognizing coworkers.
- Team Work: Create a positive, energizing, and rewarding environment for all Coworkers. Work closely with other Reell facilities, functional leaders and coworkers to achieve broader corporate goals. Contribute ideas, vision, energy, and passion.
- Continuous Improvement: Proactively identify, develop and lead continuous improvement plans for Quality to provide improvements in capabilities, processes, systems, satisfaction, quality, cost, delivery, and safety using Lean and Six Sigma tools and techniques.
- Review customer/product requirements to ensure project outcomes are achievable, manufacturable and cost effective
- Create project Quality Assurance Plans highlighting customer/ internal quality requirements including Part Production Approval Process (PPAP) criteria
Product Design and Development (PD&D)
- Participate in PD&D development process to ensure new designs are capable of meeting customer requirements, manufacturable and cost effective
- Create, lead and maintain Process Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (PFMEA) process to identify and mitigate potential assembly risks and outcomes for entire product life-cycle
- Generate and maintain robust quality control plans (based on critical product features) including designation of suitable measurement and test equipment for both procured and manufactured products
- Create process flow diagrams to identify primary operational steps and inspection and testing control points
- Participate in Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) for new product designs and updates
- Apply Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques to supplier, incoming and manufacturing inspections
Product and Process Validation
- Review and approve production verification and validation test plans and results to ensure compliance
- Design and maintain PPAP’s, per project requirements, to ensure production readiness, capability and control
- Design, manage and maintain process capability studies on critical product and process characteristics as part of project requirements
- Review and approve pre-launch production trial run plans/results
Production and Monitoring:
- Review and approve product design changes (ECO’s) for potential risks and to ensure changes are implemented in an effective and controlled manner
- Manage quality metrics, present findings and implement 8D corrective action for process noncompliance’s
- Qualify and maintain global suppliers’ Quality Management System, processes and product capabilities using self and onsite assessment tools. Implement “Quality-at-the-Source” methodology by working with suppliers to develop and maintain robust supplier control plans for critical parameters
- Ensure suppliers fully understand, implement, control and maintain customer PPAP requirements
- Develop supplier quality plans capable of delivering to customer quality performance expectations
- Drive supplier root cause analysis and issue elimination using 8D problem solving techniques for suppliers noncompliance’s
- Develop, manage and report on sustainable quality process performance metrics and implement effective 8D corrective action for product and process noncompliance’s
- Lead Material Review Board through the disposition of discrepant materials including 8D corrective action
- Develop and implement supplier quality system/process improvement plans to continuously enhance supplier performance
- Assure Reell’s supplier quality requirements and associated documentation are met.
- Assure supplier’s process control plan and Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) support customer product requirements.
- Participates in Returned Material Authorization (RMA)-meetings related to supplier quality problems. Participates in discrepant material reviews for issues caused by Reell. Covered under support section above.
Continuous Improvement and Support:
- Utilize and maintain PLM (product lifecycle management) for managing the QSYS project plan.
- Assure all required records for ISO 9001:2015 and if applicable IATF 16949:2016 (International Automotive Task Force) are included in appropriate procedures and work instructions, across all departments and are documented in the global master records log. ISO 9001:2015 leader and internal auditor.
- Assure all procedures and work instructions, across all departments, follow global templates and contain all required information. Create the supporting procedures and/or work instructions for all process owners using global templates including all flow charts using Visio.
- Provide cross-functional support and training on quality engineering tools and techniques
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action
- Maintain compliance with and recommend enhancements for the quality management system that result in improved corporate quality performance, increased customer satisfaction, and/or simplification of processes to reduce costs
- Partner with Metrology group to create robust Receiving Inspection plans focused on critical to function attributes. Ensure strong supplier control plans are in place for reduced and dock-to-stock materials
- Develop competent performance metrics to ensure ongoing performance to objectives
- Facilitate Kaizan/Lean/Six Sigma projects
• Lead PPM (parts per million) improvement activities for strategic customers
• Investigate customer complaints and provide timely, 8D corrective action to customers
• Lead and facilitate onsite customer audits
• Understanding and experience in delivering a high quality product in a way that delights our customers
- Product development and manufacturing activities such as validation and verification procedures
- Knowledge and application of design of experiments, statistical process control, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), process capability evaluation, corrective and preventive action processes and other risk assessment techniques
- Able to efficiently and effectively lead and complete PFMEA’s to the Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) standard
- Proficiency with 8D Corrective Action
- Be able to resolve ambiguity and establish clear causality and action plans
- Experience with domestic and international customer requirements/relationships
- Understanding and appreciation of cultural differences
- Develop and nurture business relationships with suppliers through proactive communication
- Visionary, aware of external benchmarks and can lead an organization to new levels of quality
- Background in developing and monitoring quality performance metrics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, Visio, statistical and other relevant software
- Demonstrated excellence in all aspects of in-person and remote communication on all levels: speaking, writing, listening, collaborative approach, decision-making and conflict resolution.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree – (Mechanical/Industrial Engineering preferred)
• Minimum of four years Quality Engineering experience, or equivalent (Manufacturing Environment)
• Minimum of three years experience in Lean/Six Sigma/(CI) methodology
• Minimum of two years experience in global supplier management
• Proven track record for driving continuous quality improvements in a manufacturing environment
• Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of mechanical processes)
• Knowledgeable in Metrology and Calibration
• Lean/Six Sigma Certification
• Asia Sourcing Experience
• IATF (International Automotive Task Force) 16949:2016 experience
• American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) certification
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering. Quality emphasis
• May be required to lift up to 40 pounds or sit or stand for long periods of time
• Up to 20% coach travel, domestic and international
If interested directly email resumes to Email blocked - click to apply
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Total Quality Management
Provide Technical Guidance