To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charlotte, NC 28202
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Engineer, Front-End Web Developer
Allstate Insurance Company • Charlotte, NC
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Software Frontend Engineer to join our growing Machine Learning Deployment Engineering team and build out the next generation of our platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on frontend web developer with significant experience in developing web applications and portals that interact with backend cloud applications in an agile environment. We’re looking for someone with experience in developing scalable frontend applications and user friendly web frontends for data and analytics products. The candidate must have strong, first-hand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and web technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
- As a technology leader to take ownership and lead frontend development activities.
- Devoted to making products that people love to use.
- Analyze, design and develop frontend web systems.
- Participate in software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with backend developers, data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Identify new technologies to continuously enhance the existing products.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Knows how to build high-quality, reliable applications that can handle enterprise scale.
- In-depth understanding of REST APIs, SOAP, HTTP, TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience in development and deployment of HA applications in Cloud environments.
- Good understanding of infrastructure hosting Linux, cloud and database environment.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning and Data science concepts.
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies like ansible, chef, puppet.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience in B2B, has a BS degree in computer science or similar, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Experience with Frontend development technologies like AngularJS, Flask, reactJS, HTML5
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Gradle, Jenkins.
- Experience with using APIs and services using REST, SOAP.
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, Shell, Groovy.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click 'here' for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click 'here' for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.