Now is your chance to join one of the country's largest and most trusted LTL carriers: ABF Freight is looking for new team members across the country!
ABF Freight, an ArcBest company, is an exceptional company where driven people have rewarding careers. Our pace of expansion means we're looking for people with The Skill & The Will to serve customers who depend on us for customized transportation and logistics solutions. It's more than a job; it's a career.
General Description of Duties:
This position involves attending an ABF Freight approved Driver Training School.
Upon proper completion of the program, attendees will perform the functions of a Road Driver.
* Minimum 21 years of age.
* Class A CDL Permit, required
* Be able to obtain a Class A CDL with doubles/triples, tanker and hazardous materials endorsements.
* Have a good stable work record.
* Have a safe driving record (from MVR and previous employment).
* Be able to pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and meet DOT medical requirements.
(Benefits eligible upon completion of the program and acceptance of a full-time position, waiting period may apply).
* Make more money! Wages are Teamster Union Scale which are greater than most other carriers!
* Be Home more often! Home time for ABF Freight drivers far exceeds that of other drivers within the truckload industry.
* Vast majority of ABF Freight local driving jobs are Monday through Friday.
* All drivers receive health and welfare benefits with no employee paid premiums.
* Each employee receives 5 days of sick leave each January 1st. With the amount of personal days, sick leave, and paid holidays, an employee may qualify for up to 3 weeks of paid days off without using vacation.
* Life insurance is provided through the multi-employer sponsored health and welfare fund.
* Employees are given the opportunity to contribute to a company sponsored 401(k).
* ABF Freight employees are covered by a pension plan at no expense to the employee.
* Drivers participate in a profit-sharing program with option to purchase company stock through a stock purchase plan.
* Road Tractors average less than 18 months in age.
* Fully air-conditioned equipment.
* Tractors equipped with power steering.
* Preventive Maintenance Program for all ABF equipment.
Questions about this position? Email us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to ABF Driver Development Program - Road
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to ABF Driver Development Program - Road
or call us at
. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Defensive Driving
- Hazardous Materials