Sales Territory is Central WI and Northeast Wisconsin
What you will do
Johnson Controls is a global leader in the design, manufacture, installation, and service of a comprehensive array of networked and integrated fire alarm and suppression, security, and communications systems. Our continued success and growth has produced a need for a Direct Sales Representative for our Central WI to Northeast WI territory. The primary function of this position is to promote and sell for our commercial building systems products to include Fire alarm, Security-intrusion, video surveillance and access control, and communication and inspections. Determine customer needs and develop sales strategies to meet those objectives. Close sufficient sales to meet sales plan objectives. Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers. Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support the sales plan. Conduct building surveys to support the development of estimates. How you will do it
• Establish contact with prospect and qualify potential buyers of service contracts by scheduling sales calls, following up of leads and utilizing outlined marketing strategies.
• Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company service offerings.
• Close sufficient sales to meet sales plan objectives.
• Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support achieving the designed sales plan.
• Conduct building surveys to support the development of estimates.
• Maintain correct and complete records of all sales related activities.
• Submit all required sales reports, expenses, competitive activity and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
• Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers to ensure that Johnson Controls l is meeting their requirements to ensure long-term customer loyalty.
• Support the service department to generate leads for service or equipment/device upgrades.
• Performs other duties as required.
What we look for
• Bachelor Degree in a Technical or Business discipline is Preferred or Equivalent Experience.
• One to three years of Outside Sales experience, preferably in a related business, with a proven successful record of accomplishment that is verifiable
• Prefer sales experience with in one of the following related industries: Fire Alarms, Security Systems-access control, intrusion or video surveillance, or HVAC, IT, Technical, Electronic or Communications-Intercom, etc.
• Excellent communication skills; must have the ability to persuade and close sales and have the ability to handle a variety of situations encountered during sales process and disciplined to work with limited supervision.
• Ability to handle a variety of situations encountered during sales process.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Valid drivers' license
• Ability to work a full-time schedule
• Available for local travel
Who we are
Johnson Controls is a $35 Billion multinational conglomerate with 120,000 employees in more than 2,000 locations across six continents. We are the industry leader in Building Products & Technologies, Integrated Solutions and Energy Storage. At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
What we offer
Competitive compensation plan, benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, 401k with great company match , STD, LTD, extensive paid holidays, ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. Being a part of a global company like Johnson Controls affords you exposure to global career pathing opportunities.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit [ Link removed ]