We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title
Assistant Document Control
Job Description Summary
AAM is seeking a Document Control Assistant at our Twinsburg Manufacturing Facility. Candidate would perform duties associated with administrative office function within the Quality Assurance department, which includes organizing and instituting special projects and maintaining strict confidentiality and professionalism in all business contacts, both internally and externally.
- TS16949 plant document controller, coordinate and track updates to procedures, work instructions, forms, APQP documents, and customer requirements, maintain masters for Quality department, maintain the document control data base, assist with internal audits, and Quality System Web Site administrator.
- Compiles information for Quality department, assists with PPAP submittals as needed, assists with customer and department presentations, and other administrative and clerical duties for the Quality department.
- Support purchasing by entering receivers as necessary.
- Generates reports for all managers; Production Database, Reject Ticket Database and Plexus System administrator;
- Reject scrap entry; arrange and track off site storage and destruction of documents, and other miscellaneous administrative duties for all departments.
Required Skills and Education
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 years’ experience writing procedures, understanding TS16949 requirements and development of APQP documents.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail Email blocked - click to apply
. AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Advanced Product Quality Planning
Quality Management Systems
Production Part Approval Process
Document Management Systems