To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Norfolk, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Beacon Health Options • Norfolk, VA
Posted 11 days ago
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Accounting Manager to join our team. This person may be located in either Boston, MA or Norfolk, VA. This position will have responsibility for all general ledger activity related to health plan, employer, and direct to state clients, including the following: preparation of monthly financial statements, review of journal entries, month-end close and related activities, ad hoc reporting and explanation of financial results, year-end close, staff supervision, and audit support.
- Manage General Ledger staffin the following functions:
- Monthly closing, including preparation and review of journal entries and balancing of system
- Review of monthly general ledger account reconciliation process
- Monthly reconciliation of inter-company activity
- Analytical financial reviews and ad hoc analysis
- Management of general ledger staff accountants
- Assist in evaluating contracts and other transactions for proper accounting treatment as well as establishment of accounting processes for new contract implementations
- Manage the general ledger system:
- Monthly maintenance of general ledger accounts
- Setup and processing of automated Oracle functions
- Monthly posting/closing of G/L system
- Coordinate and work with other finance department personnel as well as regional and service center personnel on a regular basis.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of the external audit (interim and year end);act as a resource to external auditors and other Finance staff
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
Licensure: CPA required
Relevant Work Experience:Minimum seven (7)years of experience required, with five (5) in public accounting. Experience with computer-based accounting systems for mid-size to large companies also required (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Microsoft Office Suite
Oracle and Hyperion experience a plus
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position.
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment.