A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
In this role, you will monitor and operate central utility systems (including steam boilers, compressed air, deionized water, process water, potable water, nitrogen, cooling tower water, chilled water, and fire protection) at a pharmaceuticals manufacturing plant. You will ensure utilities services provided to manufacturing operations are continuously available and meet required specifications. This is a rotating day schedule. 2on/2off/3on. 6:00am-6:30pm.
- Monitor and operate utility systems
- Monitor and operate boiler and cooling towers
- Perform equipment and process troubleshooting
- Work with Class 1 Stationary Engineer on duty
- Respond to power plant emergencies or plant-wide emergencies as directed
- Work in a safe manner and maintain a safe/clean work area
- Participate in all required safety and regulatory training
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Be able to lift at least 50 pounds
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- City of St. Louis Class 1 Stationary Engineer license
- 2+ years of industrial experience in a central utility plant
- Demonstrated knowledge in the instrument and controls field
- Computer proficiency for utility operations as well as data gathering and analysis
- D.I. water system experience
- A working knowledge of mechanical equipment, including air compressors, pumps, fans, steam boilers, chillers and cooling towers
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Tech Maintenance 4 Stationary Engineer
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.