To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Palm Beach, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Casual Network Engineer/WPB
PAE • West Palm Beach, FL
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Casual Network Engineer/WPB
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
Purpose of the Classification:
Under limited supervision, integrates computer and network systems into classified and unclassified network topologies located in West Palm Beach, FL and Andros Island, Bahamas. Provides complex, high-level technical support for network systems, and carries out novel and/or complex assignments requiring the development of new and/or improved designs, techniques, and procedures on the AUTEC project.
Principal Responsibilities of the Classification:
- Design and implement integrated network architectures for medium-to-large network systems (1000+ nodes)
- Daily administration and maintenance of Cisco switches, routers, and ISE appliances.
- Good understanding of layer 2 and 3 networks, OSI network model, VLANs, EIGRP routing protocol, and design
- Sound knowledge of ACL’s, NAT, and VPN via Cisco technologies
- Understand, implement, and maintain security best practices in accordance with DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides
- Maintain full Information Assurance compliance on Government networks
- Create/maintain technical documentation, network equipment configurations, and detailed network diagrams
- Analyze current network systems technology, and available vendor offerings to establish optimum network architecture solutions; plan future enhancements and direction for the network.
- Install, configure, and maintain network operating system and application software, as appropriate
- Provide customer support and troubleshooting of network access problems
- Have a working knowledge of current TIA/EIA standards for fiber and copper cable
- Assist with the improvement and modernization of network cabling
- Assist with inventory tracking in various systems
- Work as a team member, interfacing with members of IT and customers to ensure delivery of solid solutions
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline with a minimum of seven years of directly-related experience.
- Two (2) years of experience in related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Security+ and CCNA certifications are required
- At least five years of experience as a Network Engineer in medium-to-large networks. Must have significant experience with Cisco networking equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of networking software and hardware systems and related technologies.
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain networks, and/or related hardware and software.
- Ability to create VLANs, ACLs, Trunks, and Tunnels
- Knowledge of SNMP, UDP, and Multicast Protocols (PIM)
- Ability to analyze and assess network architecture requirements and determine optimum, cost-effective solutions.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Network systems design and planning skills.
- Knowledge of network systems infrastructure requirements and standards.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends.
- Working knowledge of security systems such as Cisco ISE, RADIUS/TACACS+, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- 802.11 Access Point and Bridge configuration.
- Working knowledge of network monitoring applications such as Observer, and SolarWinds.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Physical effort required to include cable installations and climbing ladders
- Minimal travel
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- A valid US Passport and Driver’s License is required.
The following skills/experience is desirable. While not required at the moment of employment, the successful candidate will be expected to gain a working knowledge of each:
- Experience with DoD Information Assurance mandates, which require frequent patching and configuration updates.
- Experience implementing DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides.
- Experience configuring and working in a least-privilege environment.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.