Provide direct support to Relationship Manager, Group Manager and Senior Credit Officer with respect to portfolio management of customer relationships, with an emphasis on compliance, continuous monitoring and assisting with documentation of credit needs for new and existing customers within the Commercial Loan PortfolioPrimary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Liaison between Commercial Banking Relationship Managers and the Credit Division (Loan Analysis or Credit Shared Services) for facilitating credit needs of customers, whether through new requests, modifications or annual reviews / renewals. Includes documenting and tracking of relevant information, reports and memos to ensure necessary credit approvals are obtained, documented and adhered to from fulfillment through closing and maintenance.
- Attend client / prospect calls with RMs in order to gain a thorough understanding of the client / prospect and their business in order to effectively assist in annual reviews, renewals and prospect conversions.
- Support underwriting efforts by completing due diligence on prospects or customers as may be required and coordinate such work with Credit Division and Relationship Managers.Analyze financial information under direction of Relationship Manager or Group Manager.
- Assists in preparing cash flow and collateral schedules, covenant sensitivity calculations, financial models and guarantor statement analysis.
- Monitor credit performance of customer portfolios and alert personnel to changes that may require action to ensure risk mitigation in order to minimize potential losses.
- Support Relationship Managers in related portfolio management activities, whether related to credit, depository or other banking services. Perform other related duties and special projects as requested by management.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as requested by management, which could include managing a limited number of customer relationships, performing the functions of a Relationship Manager in oversight of these customers, whether in identifying and providing product solutions, or in ongoing servicing of the account relationships.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Incumbent works under general supervision and will work very closely with Group Manager, Senior Credit Officer and RM in all aspects of the loan process.
Increased complexity and size of deals managed.
Impact extends to Bank's long-term operations, revenues and profitability.Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Not Applicable.Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related discipline with a minimum of 4 years professional work experience
or in lieu of a degree
a combined minimum of 8 years higher education and/or relevant work experience.
Excellent analytical capability.
Knowledge of credit principles.
Highly motivated, detail-oriented self-starter.
Excellent communication and organization skills.
Ability to interact with external and internal personnel using tact and diplomacy.
Ability to work under critical time constraints.Education and Experience Preferred:
6 years of Commercial lending experience.
Solid knowledge of personal computers.
Thorough knowledge of various software programs Word, Excel and other departmental software.