About Candor Short-Term Residential
Eckerd Connects' Short-Term Juvenile Justice Residential program is a complete rehabilitative experience delivered in 4 to 6 months to 36 adjudicated male youth, ages 13 to 17, referred by the North Carolina Department of Public Safety Division of Juvenile Justice. This residential treatment concept combines promising and evidence-based practices with a strong family transition component, and signifies a public-private partnership with the Division of Juvenile Justice which has produced an innovative shift in the way youth are served in North Carolina's juvenile justice system. Intensive, short-term services include individualized treatment and academic plans that combine formal and experiential education, community service, behavioral health, and family counseling in a non-punitive environment designed to address the youth's behavioral challenges through a strength-based approach. Youth also receive accredited education on-site and work together in small group settings with assigned counselors.
The Maintenance Worker performs preventative maintenance and repairs on buildings, equipment, machinery, vehicles and grounds, and assists the Business Manager in development of specifications and/or selection and supervision of contractors or vendors providing recurring and non-recurring goods or services for the physical plant. Within the scope of the Maintenance Worker’s knowledge and skill, he or she may periodically construct or renovate buildings or additions to existing buildings.
- Develops and observes work order system for routine repairs, and preventative maintenance schedules for equipment and buildings. Assists Business Manager in preparation of annual budgets.
- Inspect, test, adjust and repair all physical plant machinery, heating, cooling, piping, electrical systems, and plumbing; and record maintenance in accordance schedules.
- Operate and maintain all physical plant machinery and equipment.
- Repair building structures, walls, floor, ceiling, cabinets, doors, windows, and stairways.
- Inspect, test, clean, and may repair fire equipment, alarms, switches, and sensors. Keeps reports of all inspections, tests, and repairs.
- Remove ice and snow from walkways, roads, during winter months. Mow lawns, grade roads, trim or cut trees when necessary.
- Chair or participate on facility safety committee, providing evaluations and suggestions to local leadership team.
- Assist Business Manager in development of vendor lists and specifications for equipment purchases, major renovations, or additions to the physical plant.
- Assist Business Manager in developing and supervising purchase-of-service agreements for potable water testing, pest control, waste management, sewage treatment, or provides these services where appropriate.
- Provides or oversees contractors environmental monitoring of water and sewer treatment, assisting Director and Business Manager in preparing reports to appropriate regulatory agencies.
Education: High school or General Equivalency diploma required, however vocational certification (1) in a relevant trade from (2) an accredited school or course of study may be substituted for diploma.
Experience: Two years paid work experience in a construction or building trades, vehicle or equipment repair, or general maintenance repair trades required.
Skills: Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Public speaking skills required. Must be highly motivated and self-directed. Advanced knowledge of community resources, service referrals and linkage to these sources. Must possess knowledge of child and family development; including physical, mental, emotional and cultural and ethnicity issues. Ability to communicate effectively in a community-based environment. Must attend relevant skills-enhancement training and demonstrate required program-specific knowledge. Must be computer literate. Attention to detail and organizational skills are critical. Excellent time management skills are necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 50+ pounds to waist height and handle off balance load such as trailers and tractor hitches. Must be able to stand, walk and bend for extended periods of time. Must be able to work for extended periods of time in hot, cold or dusty environments. Must be free of communicable diseases as defined by the appropriate state and to the extent that data is attainable under federal law. Must possess valid driver’s license for the state where employed.
Eckerd wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education, advancement, and the chance to contribute to business objectives. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Paid short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year
• 8 paid holidays
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5%
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Referral Program
• Flexible work schedules
• Employee Wellness/Well-Being program