FOX West Texas, a TEGNA-owned station in San Angelo and Abilene, Texas, is seeking a talented Reporter/Multi-Skilled Journalist with a passion to win and be the best! We want a smart, aggressive, creative storyteller who creates unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing. We also want a journalist who thrives live and is conversational and engaging.
In This Role, You Will:
* Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting
* Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
* Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
* Develop original content through social listening and independent sources
* Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
* Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
* Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest
* Produce news stories that are unique and captivating
* Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations
* Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media
* Enterprise news stories
* Shoot, write and edit packaged reports
* Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video
* Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
* Transmit and present exciting live reports with current technology
* Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
* BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
* Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
* Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
* A portfolio with examples of reporting
* Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
* Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA), formerly Gannett Co., Inc., is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. Our purpose is to serve the greater good of our communities - through empowering stories, impactful investigations and innovative marketing services.
As one of the most geographically diverse broadcasters in the U.S., TEGNA is a best-in-class operator with 49 television stations (including those serviced by TEGNA) and two radio stations in 41 markets from coast to coast. We are the largest owner of Big Four affiliates in the top 25 markets and reach one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and 35 million across our digital platforms. Across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, TEGNA's stations have over 25 million social followers. TEGNA produces trusted, impactful and innovative content across platforms. We tell stories that matter, are an advocate for those in need and help bring positive change to our communities. Our award-winning journalists have been recognized with numerous national honors including Edward R. Murrow, Alfred I. duPont, George Foster Peabody, George Polk, Walter Cronkite and Emmy awards.
TEGNA also provides local and national partners custom, targeted and innovative campaigns through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. In everything we do, we are driven by our strongly held values and our stated purpose to serve the greater good of our communities. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.