To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bloomington, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Part-Time Program Assistant Coordinator Campus Bloomington Department PRE-COLLEGE PROGRAMS (BL-EXP-IUBLA)
Indiana University • Bloomington, IN
Posted 2 days ago
The Program Assistant Coordinator creates a positive and cohesive academic and social environment for the duration of IFS. Program Assistant Coordinator will lead the organizational, administrative, and planning of a variety of tasks throughout IFS, including international orientation and health appointments, staff training, and academic and social programs. The Program Assistant Coordinator will support the Assistant Director in project management; support staff members in enforcing residence hall, academic, and university policies; and present a positive first exposure to IU for IFS students.
• Support Program Assistants in the development, coordination, and execution of program-wide activities, including Welcome Festival, Banquet, and Academic Forum
• Support Assistant Director in international orientation, health appointments, and acclimation to the university
• Serve as a role model for IFS students by demonstrating maturity, healthy living, academic excellence, and adherence to university policies
• Promote a positive and welcoming learning environment conducive to academic success
• Support IFS staff members in maintaining a positive residence hall living and learning environment which upholds university policies and supports academic excellence
• Develop a variety of high-quality and inclusive programs for the personal and social development of all students
• Introduce students to IU’s resources
• Encourage peer interaction and attendance at co-curricular and extracurricular events
• Support IFS Office staff in the details of managing the academic, co-curricular, and extracurricular aspects of the program
• Respond to emergencies using provided resources to manage sensitive situations
• Attend all required training sessions and events
• Commit to the entire IFS 2019 program (July 31 – August 20)
• Complete other reasonable duties as assigned by the IFS Office
• Trainings are required for all staff members for educational and team bonding purposes
• Brief student staff trainings will take place in the spring semester
• An extended student staff training will take place immediately before the IFS program from July 28 to August 3
REQUIRED: High school diploma or GED.
• Express desire to help first-year students holistically adjust and thrive at IU.
• Demonstrate dedication to and enthusiasm for all aspects of IFS.
• Demonstrate strong organizational, communication, and project management skills.
• Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of academic processes for international students coming to IU for the first time.
• Possess a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and spirit of teamwork.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
Salary Range $12/hour