Job ID: []
Pennsy Supply is a CRH company. CRH is the leading vertically integrated supplier of asphalt, aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete, and paving and construction services in North America. Our 24,100 employees at 1,300 operating locations provide our customers with top-quality, innovative products and services.
The primary responsibility of a stone & sand dispatcher is to control the flow of equipment and manpower at their respective plants and efficiently manage those assets. This requires taking responsibility for driver activity and equipment utilization from the start of the day up to when the driver has been either released to go home.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for own personal safety at all times.
- Provide cheerful, positive internal and external customer service at all times.
- Monitor and track Hired Haulers from the start of the order until it has finished and continually make sound decisions that will maintain service levels
- Make sure that drivers are present and ready to load before ticketing and note directions, load size, extra products.
- Flag and identify disruptions in service delivery.
- Verify the status of Will-Call Orders
- Monitor individual plant scheduling screens so that trucks can be moved efficiently between plants
- Monitor rejected loads.
- Keep sales, operations and management informed of problems or concerns throughout the day that may require their knowledge or attention
- Notify the customer of late or interrupted service and of all statuses that exceed pre-programmed parameters by 10 minutes or more
- Accommodate customers if they request specific drivers on their order. If unable, explain other options
- Control the number of drivers needed throughout the day and make any necessary adjustments that will maintain the goals set by the company
- Work with the Plant Operators on plant breakdowns and computer breakdowns
- Other duties as assigned
- Adhere to and follow all safety rules and regulations of OSHA/MSHA and Pioneer Materials
- Conduct daily safety assignments (area inspections, pre-shifts, JSA’s, TRACK, etc).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, etc., and knowledge of current operating systems and office suites
- Ability to do basic math
- Able to work independently with attention to detail
- Able to follow direction and work effectively in a team environment
- Able to respond to stressful situations and customers in a professional, courteous manner
- Able to read maps
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to write reports, document findings, and procedures, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Able to work various times during day, night or weekend hours
Education and/or Experience
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Demonstrate friendly and business-like attitude towards vendors, customers, truck drivers, fellow employees and supervisors.
- Become a team member and help achieve the common goals of the company.
- High School Diploma - College educated preferred with business, logistical and or communication training
- Construction Materials industry background is desirable
- Able to effectively communicate in verbal and written form to employees, management, executives, and clients
- Excellent phone etiquette, speaking voice
- Able to identify, define and resolve problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical, written or oral form
- Able to interpret written and oral instructions, and to read, analyze and interpret, operating & maintenance instructions or regulations
Must have the ability to handle stressful situations as they arise.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pennsy Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.