Mgr, Government Affairs- Sacramento, California
*Candidates statewide will be considered for the role.
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
• The Government Affairs Manager is responsible for providing day-to-day oversight and coordination of key Government Affairs functions
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain responsibility for oversight of lobbyist consultants in multiple states; assist in tracking Government Affairs issues that will potentially impact the company’s strategic and business interests; including legislation/regulations, policy issues, key meetings, and special initiatives strategies
o Develop and maintain tracking systems for key issues
o Update tracking systems as often as necessary
• Assist in federal government affairs efforts
• Lead lobbyist state compliance process
• Simultaneously manage multiple complex projects
• Coordinate internal feedback and input from Regional and Franchise Leadership on legislation and policy development
• Conduct research on legislation, regulations, policy, and political issues
• Engage with consultants, to develop robust advocacy strategies
• Lead internal teams and external consultants to coordinate Quest PAC contributions, compliance, and recordkeeping
o Administratively support Quest PAC employee participation campaigns
o Assist in coordinating event/check requests and maintaining contribution records, and provide regular monthly updates on Quest PAC campaign status, PAC balance, upcoming events, etc.
• Partner with internal teams and external vendors to coordinate State and Federal lobbying compliance filings and recordkeeping
• Organize large-scale meetings, conferences, webinars and other functions as necessary; assist in preparation of presentations and meeting materials
• Maintain accountability for meeting timeline targets as set forth by management or client
• Enhance expertise through education, following of current political/government events, interaction with consultants and Government Affairs team, and assignments
Supervision Exercised: Project Teams, external consultants and Lobbyists
• B.A. or Equivalent Experience
• 5+ years of working experience in a professional environment; 2-3+ years of government affairs, government, or policy experience preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Ability to multi-task
• Analytical skills
• Ability to follow verbal or written instructions
• Thinking analytically
• Using effective verbal communication
• Using effective written communication
• Handling stress & emotions
• Concentrating on tasks
• Making decisions
• Adjusting to change
• Examining/observing details
• Sitting for long periods at a time
• Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships
• Excellent organizational, time management, analytical, and problem solving skill are essential
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Methodical, detail oriented, efficient, organized, highly productive, a true self-starter
• Intermediate Microsoft Office proficiency expected
• Must be resourceful, self-motivated, and able to be successful in a professional team-based environment
• Proven ability to work well with users at all levels, both within the organization and the client and consultant community
• Excellent comprehension of verbal (English Language) and written (English Language) instructions, processes, procedures and policies.
• Demonstrated ability to identify problems, collect information and data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple priorities, and complete tasks on time within a fast paced environment.
• “Can do” attitude in approaching challenges.
Attention To Detail
Hardworking And Dedicated