The patient transporter helps patients by assisting with transporting them into, around, and out of the health care facility to their designated destination. The Patient Transporter is responsible for completing tasks to assist with optimal department safety and functioning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Employee must communicate with the necessary department staff to obtain patient dispatch information to
transportation of patient to the appropriate areas
2. The Ticket to ride must be filled out by transporter and nurse prior to transferring patients from one area of the
hospital to another as needed.
3. Maintains confidentiality of patient information and communication information in accordance to hospital
policies and procedures at all times.
4. Employee must use proper patient transferring equipment at all times ( stretchers, wheelchairs, transfer boards
and hover mats).
5. Receives, cleans and decontaminates equipment according to hospital standards and ensures equipment
availability for next use.
6. Must keep inventory of all transferring department equipment.
7. Maintains work environment in a safe, clean, and orderly manner according to hospital housekeeping
8. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent and BLS is required.
2. Must be able to do bending, stooping, kneeling, pulling, twisting, and lifting.
3. Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs. (lifting or moving of patients, equipment, or supplies).
4. Expected to assist in lifting or moving patients weighing a maximum of 300 lbs. consistently and occasionally
assist in lifting and moving patients up to 600 lbs.
5. Knowledge of transportation of patients and hospital policies.
6. Must possess a positive and courteous attitude, and take the imitative to go beyond what is expected in a
Emergency Medical Technician