Job ID: 51396
Senior EDI Developer
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
6 month contract with expectations of permanent employment
***Client will not accept EAD-OPT's or H4's
***Candidate must be US Citizens, Green Card holder or H1's WITH 1 year or more left on Visa and an approved 140 form.
***Candidates must be willing to go permanent with the client
***Candidates should be willing to conduct face to face interview if necessary.
***Client will not accept resumes over 3 pages.
Senior EDI Developer
- As a Sr. EDI Developer , this team member will have a superior software development background that will facilitate design and development of technical solutions for new and existing EDI applications and processes. Interacts with Lead Developers, System Analysts, Business Users, Architects, Test Analysts, Project Managers and peer developers to analyze system requirements, design and develop software applications. Technical solutions and supporting deliverables will be constructed to enable IT clients to accomplish their business objectives. This position is on a team that is responsible for providing EDI (HIPAA X12) capabilities throughout the organization.
Your future duties and responsibilities
* Provide Senior development design leadership for Scrum team within a EDI platform
* Ensure quality code and development; validate other team members code following defined patterns and standards
* Design and develop HIPAA X12 validations, translations, and processes
* Design and develop trading partner processes and components
* Conduct unit testing and participate with system testing as required. Knowledge with Test Driven Development is strongly preferred.
* Fill out required documentation such as installation instructions and follow company standards and procedures.
* Anticipate customers' analytic needs and proactively conceptualize and champion high-value EDI capabilities.
* Actively support products by providing prompt responses to customer problems and inquiries. Make the customer's experience first priority in all.
* Keep the Production Support team management informed of any issues or concerns.
* Participate/Assist with deployments to all environments including Production (which could occur after hours).
* New development and support task responsibilities as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* Strong design skills within the EDI domain
* Strong design and development with Edifecs software; specifically SpecBuilder and XEngine
* Strong understanding of all HIPAA X12 transaction sets
* Strong understanding of trading partner domain
* Proficient in writing SQL - Simple/Medium/Complex SQL's
* Ability to write scripts integrating SQL, Perl or Python or other as needed to solve the problem
* Strong Analytical and Problem solving skills
* Experience working in fast paced environment is preferred
* Must be technical and hands on capable
* Must have a Automation mindset
* Strong attention to detail