Western Funding is a fast growing, specialized consumer finance company and subsidiary of Westlake Financial Services, providing automobile financing to borrowers with limited access to traditional credit. Western Funding enables the origination, accepts assignment of and services installment loan contracts originated by its national network of automobile dealers. Dealers own their portfolios and share in the collections on the associated installment loan contracts.
As a Financial Risk Analyst, you will have the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic, and data-driven team that directly supports senior executives and influences corporate direction. You will build models used to support our automated consumer lending platform, conduct regular performance analysis of our portfolio, and implement improvements to operational performance across the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze targeted improvements to the proprietary Western Funding Buy Program, and coordinate with all necessary departments and managers to ensure timely and successful implementation
- Research potential new products and relevant models to predict performance
- Develop and monitor reports relied on by senior management
- Recommend changes to corporate policies, procedures, and underwriting guidelines.
- Regularly prepare and present findings and recommendations to senior executives
- Enhance internal process efficiency with all technologies available to your team
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, OFFSET, AVERAGEIF, INDEX, MATCH, Macros, VBA, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and extrapolate trends
- Consistently demonstrate high degree of attention to detail
- Learn new, complex concepts quickly (learning agility)
- Ownership and problem-solving mindset
- Adaptable and thrives in a fast-paced, challenging environment
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- 1-3 years’ experience as an analyst involved in business strategy, operations, or the auto finance industry
- Experience automating queries and designing Data Warehouse tables
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
- Web navigation and/or applications.
- Personal computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Copier, Faxing & other general office supplies.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Business Performance Management