The CORE Institute team is dedicated to making the lives of others better by practicing exceptional patient care. If you would like to be part of a dedicated, dynamic healthcare team in a challenging, rewarding environment, The CORE Institute is the right place for you to grow your career.
The CORE Institute delivers integrated, comprehensive musculoskeletal and neurological care. The CORE Institute is built upon a foundation of pioneering research, academics, community service, and a passion for excellence in patient care. The organization continues to be a leader in payor-reform initiatives, and it is at the forefront of systems-based quality programs which drive value and improve the quality of patient care.
As The CORE Institute continues to grow, we are looking for a Medical Assistant in our Peoria Spine Center.
Please see below for the functions and requirements to be a Medical Assistant with The CORE Institute.#COREESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Facilitates communication between the patient and the provider.
- Collect and shares pertinent information with provider
- Receives and acts on directives from provider
- Responsible for preparing patient for visit with provider. This may include, but is not limited to: rooming patients, obtaining and documenting vitals, reviewing intake paperwork, pulling up radiology images, removing dressing, procedure set-up, injection prep, accurate data entry into EMR.
- Responsible for completing tasks associated with Company initiatives such as PROs, Quality Payment Programs, etc.
- Maintains exam room standards. Rooms should be restocked at the end of each clinic day. Rooms and tables should be cleaned as needed during clinic and at the end of each day.
- Monitor biohazard and sharps containers and replace as needed.
- Assist the provider preparing patient prescriptions and completing medical and patient forms (i.e. work release, FMLA etc.).
- Retrieves, and responds to voicemails within 24 business hours and documents actions in EMR.
- Prepares patient electronic charts for clinic visits prior to date of service.
- Verify any outstanding testing results are in EMR, confirm appropriateness of patient to provider (body part and/or insurance), note imaging, DME or casting needed prior to provider visit on date of service.
- Scans clinical documents into EMR.
- Print clinic schedules in morning of date of service.
- Ensures patient receives education as indicated by provider.
- Manages EMR desktops of assigned providers in a timely manner.
- Act as PTO Buddy per clinic plan
- Create and promote positive patient experience
- Maintain HIPAA compliant environment
- Maintain clean work space
- The job holder must demonstrate current competencies for job position.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant training program or a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license.
- Medical Assistant experience in is preferred.
- Medical Assistant certificate of completion from an accredited program or LPN license.
- Knowledge of the health care field.
- General knowledge of patient care in a clinic.
- Knowledge of back office skills.
- Knowledge of patient confidentiality, state laws, HIPAA regulations and medical records procedures.
- Professionalism when interacting with providers, co-workers, patients, family members and the public.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to change.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image as a CORE employee both at work and on Social Media.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete delegated work assignments.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion when dealing with patients and family members.
- Normal clinic environment. Some travel within community.
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal clinic environment.
- Some bending and stretching required.
- Manual dexterity using a computer keyboard.
- HOPCo Mission, Vision and Values must be read and signed.
- Understanding of posted Policy and Procedures on HOPCo Central.
- OSHA Requirements and training to include:
Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993
Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act (Hipaa) Compliance