TopView Sightseeing is a New York-based group of companies offering a variety of sightseeing bus tours, cruises, and bike rentals and tours. The portfolio of brands we own and manage include: TopView Sightseeing, Event Cruises NYC, Liberty Cruise, Bike Rental Central Park, and Attraction Pass. Our team has served over 2 million customers, creating unforgettable experiences for people from around the world. As we scale, we are looking for aspiring professionals to join the team and help drive the growth further.
Our company is experiencing a great vertical and horizontal expansion and has planned to start exporting the experience, knowledge and success of our operations to other locations around the world starting in late 2022 and over the course of the next few years. Our targeted destinations will be Washington DC, San Francisco, Miami, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Houston, Chicago, London, Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Dubai, Istanbul and many others.
Please note this is a full time on site position. Remote, freelance, or contracting work is not accepted.
We are looking for an energetic HR Director to join our team supporting the various business units across all our organizations. It is a critical role, where you will be involved in improving the hiring and on-boarding process, adding to the company culture and providing structure for the HR department. You will support stakeholders by providing support in all aspects of Human Resources.
This role will be hands-on as we grow the Human Resources function. We are looking for someone with well-rounded HR experience and a strong desire to grow and learn with the company and the team. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, has an in-depth understanding of labor laws, extensive recruitment experience, and ability to prioritize multiple deliverables in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You are able to provide guidance on a range of HR issues and influence new ways of doing things to improve the organization's operations and effectively facilitate change.
- Own and be accountable for the entire HR function in the organization including but not limited to all HR policies and procedures, talent recruitment and retention, CBAs, and HR processes for 300+ exempt and nonexempt employees.
- Understand the organization’s short and long term growth strategies and build the talent recruitment and retention efforts to support the growth. Ensure that the recruitment and retention initiatives align with the organization’s culture and values to achieve the most productive business results.
- Recruit top talent for each position in the organization. To accomplish this you will: work with hiring directors, managers, others in the organization to specifically pinpoint the requirements candidates need, their responsibilities and duties; actively reach out to potential candidates, review all applicants and identify the top tier candidates that should move forward in the process; review and pre-screen all candidates, conduct phone and on site interviews, review top tier candidates with hiring managers, prior to scheduling subsequent round interviews.
- Create a hiring budget and improve the current processes: manage and continuously optimize the job postings and spending on job placement ads; reduce costs by improving company image, reviews; initiate new and effective hiring channels; suggest new ways of developing talent from within, organize training as needed.
- Ensure that the organization is competitively positioned by maintaining an up to date payscale (pay/salary) and benefits database and periodically make recommendations for adjustments where applicable.
- Ensure full labor law compliance for all positions in the organization.
- Create and maintain an efficient and effective onboarding process for each position company wide. Continuously track the onboarding process performance and improve it.
- Develop and drive the employee engagement strategy to help make this organization the very best place to work.
- Review external and internal data and trends and provide relevant solutions on retaining talent.
- Ensure exit interviews are conducted and analyzed and make recommendations on how to improve/reduce the employee turnover per position based on these interviews and other data.
- Utilize and analyze data to make business decisions and policies.
- Create and maintain a company wide employee document repository for each position.
- Ensure all employees for all positions share our company values and culture. Project the company values and culture to all employees constantly at all times.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or similar field, such as business administration or business management.
- 10+ years of Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), Certified Professional - Human Resource (IPMA-CP), and Society for Human Resource Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) designations.
- Extensive experience in talent recruitment.
- A proven and consistent track record of exceeding objectives; planning and forecasting skills to ensure analysis of opportunities.
- High energy and positive attitude.
- Competitive, data-driven, and very detail oriented.
- Impeccable interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make independent decisions.
We offer great benefits:
- Bonus pay
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Commuter benefit
Pay: Competitive salary plus performance bonus
- Attention To Detail
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Data Analysis