To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charleston, SC
- Stephen Armstrong
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CNC Machine Operator
Aerotek • Charleston, SC
Posted 1 month ago
LEVEL 1 - OPERATE ALL MACHINES IN ASSIGNED CELL
Team player working within common goals of the company and the team
Operators will be assigned to a specific product line. Operators will be working on either CNC mills, lathes, or grinders. Machines vary in age and size, so operators must be flexible. Operators will be responsible for loading parts into machine and running the part. Typically every 10 parts or so, they are responsible for utilizing precision measuring equipment to measure the parts. If the part is off slightly, they will be responsible for performing adjustments to the machine. If the machine is completely off, they will be assisted by the maintenance / setup department.
LEVEL 2 - OPERATE ALL MACHINES IN ASSIGNED CELL
* Team player working within common goals of the company and the team
* Demonstrate adherence to all departmental and company procedure and policies
* Competent in required basic SPC techniques
* Demonstrate understanding of gauging, tooling, inspection, process documents and/or prints
* Competent in the use of all required measuring equipment
* Complete all required paperwork and data entry associated with machine operations
* Follow all safety requirements, demonstrate working knowledge and safe operation of equipment and machines
* Inspect the first piece, as required, to approve operation for the production run and set-up verification sheet
* Ability to identify and segregate discrepant material and tag according to procedures
* Conduct final audit and inspection according to procedures
* Maintain coolant and oils as required on each machine
* Operate assigned machines in cell and make tool changes and size adjustments as needed
LEVEL 3 - PERFORM SET-UPS ON ALL MACHINES IN THE TEAM
* Meet all requirements of Levels 1 and 2
* Complete set-ups on all machines in the team within acceptable established times
* Demonstrate ability to re-cut or turn chuck jaws
* Demonstrate proper usage of gauging equipment (M&M, LK, etc.) and interpret results
* Competent in problem-solving and troubleshooting processes
* Assist engineering in the tooling designs, modifications, and process improvements, and provide documented evidence to support changes
* Maintain good working relationships with internal suppliers, customers, and support groups while coordinating activities
LEVEL 4 - PERFORM SET-UPS AND PERFORM ROUTINE MAINTENANCE ON ALL MACHINES IN TEAM
* Meet all requirements of Levels 1, 2 and 3
* Set up all machines on the team to include tooling changes and installing programs
* Demonstrate working knowledge and perform routine maintenance on all machines on the team Keep records and schedules for routine maintenance items
* Coordinate maintenance repairs with maintenance personnel in a timely manner
* Sharpen hob cutters
* Mount and balance tooth grind wheels
* Demonstrate working knowledge and/or successfully complete CNC Programming coursework
* Demonstrate working knowledge and/or successfully complete Industrial Mechanics or
* Industrial Maintenance certificate
LEVEL 5 - PERFORM MAJOR MECHANICAL AND MINOR ELECTRICAL OR
ELECTRONIC MAINTENANCE FOR ALL MACHINES IN THE TEAM
* Meet all requirements of Levels 1, 2, 3 and 4
* Schedule preventive maintenance with maintenance department
* Demonstrate working knowledge and/or successfully complete electricity and/or electronics coursework
* Qualified to perform major mechanical repairs
* Qualified to perform minor electrical/electronic repairs
Minimum of 1-2 years of recent CNC machining experience. Candidates must have experience with changeovers, performing offsets, quality inspections, and tool changes. Must have documented experience with the utilization of calipers, micrometers, and various gauges. Experience machining metal is strongly preferred. Candidates who do not posses 1-2 years of recent (withing the past 3 years) experience specifically with CNC machining, will not be considered for the role
Manual machining experience will work in lieu of CNC experience. Recent education related to "machine tool technology" will work in leiu of CNC experience.
First Day Responsibilities:
1st day, candidates will be expected to hit the ground running on the CNC machines. There will be a brief overview of the process and a quick orientation, but folks must be able to conduct machining from day one.
3. Performance Measures: Output (parts per shift) and scrap numbers
4. Best vs Average: The best candidates will have metal machining experience. Best candidates will have the ability to perform offsets, changeovers, and tooling changes.
5. Dis qualifiers. Lack of GED or Diploma. Poor work history or history of attendance issues will not be tolerated.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.