This is a permanent position in Sandy Springs, GA. Please only apply if you meet the qualifications below directly to Kailey Harvell at Email blocked - click to apply
Provide support to, implement, test and maintain the hospital’s local and wide area networks utilizing third party network management tools, install and support network server environment, assist in the implementation of hospital application programs, ensure network backup and security systems are operative, and enforce network security policies. Perform on-call duties as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs daily Network Services activities, included but not limited to server installation network configuration, issue troubleshooting and resolution, software upgrades, network monitoring, performance tuning, IP address assignment, network cabling, enterprise application administration, and documentation updates.
- Performs network server and infrastructure projects as directed by coordinator.
- Designs network upgrades or expansions to support hospital growth and resolve issues. Works with networking vendors to obtain quotes. Presents design options and recommendations to IS management.
- Researches and resolves problems and questions regarding network servers and software used in the network. Works with vendor technical support personnel to resolve production or testing issues
- Provides network support to Information Systems or external personnel to resolve any installation, download, interface, or other software configuration errors.
- Assists in development of network procedures and processes to conform to proper change management techniques. Modifies and implements new methods as appropriate.
- Maintains current inventory records of network infrastructure equipment and cable documentation within the hospital. Also keeps up-to-date network configurations and password lists in a secure location.
- Produces daily and monthly reports for departmental and related functions, routinely tests systems, and provides organized documentation. Maintains network downtime log to document LAN, WAN, and server outages.
- Ensures security policies and procedures are followed by all network users. Notify supervisor or other IS management of suspected risks or actual violations.
- Provides on-call support of technical infrastructure and network devices as required.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Immediately reports any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, unsafe conditions, or employee/patient/visitor injury?accident to Manager
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business, or related technical field OR degree can be offset four (4) years equivalent relevant or technical job experience.
- Four (4) years experience in IT environment utilizing an Ethernet LAN, Windows servers, TCP/IP, enterprise network switches and routers
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Thorough knowledge of LAN/WAN procedures, hardware, software, and other best practices
- Thorough knowledge of network server hardware, operating systems, and enterprise solutions such as e-mail, software distribution, anti-virus, backup solutions, remote access
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION PREFERRED
- Technical certifications; including Network +, MCSE, or other LAN/WAN certifications
- Project lead or coordination experience
- Excellent analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Expert knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies and/or Windows server solutions
- Experience in Healthcare facility
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Software Configuration Management
Installations (Computer Systems)
Wide Area Networks