Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Medical Assistant - Integration Practice Consultant will provide supervision, training, leadership and support to acquired clinic staff to ensure established policies, procedures, and operating guidelines for WellMed are being followed. Works closely with acquired providers and operational partners, including training teams, to ensure successful clinic integration.
- Travels to various assigned clinics to provide MA supervision, support and training in acquired clinics to support the integration process.
- Provides supervision, support and serves as an on-going consultant resource to the acquired clinic to ensure performance goals are met.
- Engages the providers and staff as an early adopter and mentor of the changes being implemented in the company.
- Engages integration team to provide appropriate resources for training, tools and support to the clinic team to reach desired optimal state of operation.
- Builds and maintains relationships across business groups and crossfunctional teams, including PSR's, MA's, RN/LVN's, APC's, Physicians and leadership.
- Ensures integration timelines are met in accordance with the approved project plan.
- Supervises and serves as a Integration practice consultant assisting clinical staff in defining and executing appropriate workflows based on introduction of new processes.
- Demonstrates a subject matter expert knowledge of and ability to perform skills within the scope of a Certified Medical Assistant, including but not limited to, procedures, injections, screenings, EKGs and phlebotomy. Able to adjust to clinic activities that often vary from day to day.
Performs, supervises and trains the standard tasks associated with patient care with minimal oversight from supervisor:
- Prepares charts prior to clinic sessions, ensures all specialist reports and test results are documented and available for physician review. Processes appropriate documents in an organized and accurate fashion.
- Rooms patients according to company standards, updates medication lists and completes screenings as indicated.
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assists the provider during patient visits, including documenting portions of the visit in the electronic medical record while the provider is examining the patient. Requires active listening and the ability to accurately capture the provider's instructions.
You'llbe rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that willchallenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in yourrole as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
High school graduate or GED equivalent
Four or more years of experience as a Certified Medical Assistant
Current, valid nationally recognized Medical Assistant Certification required
Current, valid BLS certification required
Computer literacy and the ability to master new applications and electronic medical records
Knowledge of medical terminology
ICD-10 and CPT coding
Extensive travel throughout WellMed markets - approx 90-100% travel required
Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) verbal and written proficiency
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Experience with WellMed Care Model and processes
- Experience with geriatric population in healthcare
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Certified Medical Assistant, CMA, Medical Assistant, MA, Registered Medical Assistant, RMA, Clinic, Primary Care, Adult Medicine, Geriatric Care, Internal Medicine, Senior, Houston, San Antonio, McAllen, Corpus Christi, Austin, Texas, TX
Electronic Medical Record
Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator