Does joining a global company that is the world leader in its industry sound exciting to you? If so, ASSA ABLOY is the place for you!
The ASSA ABLOY Group is the global leader in access solutions. The Group operates worldwide with 48,500 employees and sales of 8.2 billion euros. The Group has leading positions in areas such as efficient door openings, trusted identities and entrance automation. ASSA ABLOY's innovations enable safe, secure and convenient access to physical and digital places. Every day, we help billions of people experience a more open world.
ASSA ABLOY Electro Mechanical Solutions (EMS) division has an incredible culture where we stand by the “north star” of putting our people first. Every employee is empowered to make an impact on the business.
As the Electrical Engineering Manager, you will lead, mentor and motivate a team of salaried professionals on the electrical engineering design team. Oversee a variety of electromechanical engineering projects and personnel. Support a talented team through technical challenges to achieve common goals to plan. Must have the skillset to operate as both a technical manager and practicing electrical design engineer.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading, mentoring and managing the development resources of electromechanical product design, from concept to full-production.
- Requires experience and strong technical skills in embedded systems design required for the development of electromechanical consumer or industrial products.
- Must have a working knowledge required to support the proper development of firmware and PCB circuit design along with experience in computer architecture with particular emphasis on ARM based micro-controllers.
- Partners with Product Management to ensure defined features and functions are adequately and accurately interpreted into design specifications.
- Establishes and monitors design quality standards, schedules, budgets, and team morale and achievement.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, agency and/or industry code compliance, ASSA ABLOY standards, customer requirements and related specifications.
- Partners with Operations management (sourcing, manufacturing engineering, production) to ensure timely and seamless transition to manufacturing.
- Represents VP of Product Engineering in internal, external, customer and other meetings as necessary.
- Experience with leading cross-functional development teams using tools Jira, MS Project or Smartsheet.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. S.) BS/MS in Electronics/Electrical Engineering from a four-year accredited college or university with a minimum of ten (10) years overall engineering/management experience with a minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
“Let’s open the doors to the future – together!
Working for ASSA ABLOY means that you will be part of a dynamic environment, developing innovative solutions to improve our customers' lives. As the global leader in door opening solutions we are using the latest technologies to open doors to events, hospitals, education, homes, hotels, airports and businesses. Joining ASSA ABLOY means being part of a fast-moving company with many opportunities.
Would you like to join us in opening doors of the future?”
ASSA ABLOY is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veteran