IL Oak Brook
Job Posting Title:
The experienced paraprofessional will provide support to the tax department in the areas of administration, scheduling, file management, tax compliance and other special projects. The candidate will also be responsible for gathering, organizing and coordinating tax data to assist in the accurate and timely completion of tax filings, notice responses and other tax-related matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Maintain the calendar of filing deadlines and the status of work in progress.
- Process tax payments in coordination with accounts payable and treasury.
- Coordinate mailing of tax returns and payments.
- Assist with department budget reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation and management of exemption certificates for sales & use tax.
- Conduct calls with state taxing authorities and prepare routine correspondence.
- Conduct various types of basic tax research with findings compiled in a comprehensive manner.
- Extract and compile data out of various ERP systems (SAP, JDE, QAD, LX).
- Prepare and compile tax related reports using appropriate applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, Power BI and SharePoint.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and handle multiple projects/tasks with an attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and written communication skills.
- Ability to display both analytical and problem-solving skills.
Associate or Bachelor's degree with an accounting or finance concentration preferred.
Three (3) or more years of experience required. Experience in a corporate tax department or public accounting firm is preferred, but not required.
Minimal travel required
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to URL blocked - click to apply. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Provide Analytic Support