PROGRAM SUMMARY: Easterseals Head Start/Early Head Start provides high-quality, family centered education for children birth to five years old. We collaborate with 40+ early childhood programs located in the city of Chicago and suburban Cook County to promote school readiness in young children of all abilities from families with incomes below poverty guidelines. Easterseals also directly operates two Early Learning Centers in Head Start/Early Head Start in Chicago and in Hickory Hills.
POSITION LOCATION: This position is located at the Easterseals Early Learning Services Headquarters at 1939 W. 13th Street, Chicago 60608.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Early Childhood Data and Systems Manager is responsible for supporting data system functionality, consistency, security, and usability aligned with the Easterseals Early Learning Services priorities. The Early Childhood Data and Systems Manager works in collaboration with program leaders and content experts to ensure optimal performance and reliability across applicable software systems.
- Direct oversight and maintenance of ChildPlus.net Software in conjunction with appropriate content area experts.
- Shared oversight and maintenance of Teaching Strategies Gold®, ReadyRosie®, and other ELP-specific software systems as adopted.
- Routine maintenance and data imports as needed within systems, including interacting with help desks and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identifying the root cause, and providing ELP technical support when needed.
- Perform administrative tasks, including user/group security permissions, user access, and system architecture components that work together seamlessly.
- Design, implement, and monitor a system for user access requests at the time of hire and separation.
- Support program-level implementation of data entry by working with direct line staff and content area experts to ensure guidance and reference sheets are up-to-date and easy to follow so that utilization of the software results in confidential, consistent, and accurate program data.
- Foster positive purposeful relationships with external stakeholders and internal content teams to ensure program sustainability.
- Serve as a contributing member of the ELS Leadership team. Engage in solution-focused problem solving, collaborative communication, and evaluation of data system needs.
- Collects data routinely and independently as requested to monitor and report on the implementation of specific initiatives across the program; Identifies new data sources to enhance analytics.
- Identifies appropriate department-level owners of various data functions and coordinates the necessary training and support for these functions.
- Collaborates with the leadership team to develop and implement technology strategy and appropriate professional development to maximize the teaching and learning potential of the data and technology investments.
- Directs and oversees the design and development of systems used for managing program data such as data warehouses, data stores, and other business intelligence systems.
- Coordinates data sharing with external agencies.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring the data systems to ensure they meet organizational requirements.
- Serves as the program liaison in the design, development, and implementation of systems used for managing data at the program level.
- Serve as the program liaison in the determination and deployment of agency-wide technology and business solutions that support program operations and outcomes.
- Plans and advocates for the budget needed to acquire and maintain all major data systems.
Data Analytics and Reporting
- Gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends.
- Manages and improves existing reporting systems; ensures and improves data integrity, accuracy, and quality.
- Supports cross-functional partners by managing and analyzing large amounts of data and providing a summary of analyses and actionable insights.
- Respond to data requests in a timely manner, coordinate the gathering of data and ensure it is presented in a manner that is easily digested.
- Design and implement the program’s cascading scorecard, identifying key metrics that are indicators of the program’s performance. Facilitate analysis of the scorecard data with program leaders that result in action steps to improve performance.
- Design and implement the program’s Annual Self-Assessment and Community Assessment in accordance with the Head Start Program Performance Standards. Summarize the results and actionable insights.
- Work in collaboration with the Special Projects Manager to produce the Annual Report. Ensure the content complies with Head Start Program Performance Standards and that the selected data points and written narrative tell the program’s story.
- Design, facilitate, and outsource data systems related to foundational, intermediate, and advanced training as needed.
- Facilitate collaborative communication to motivate individual and group learning.
- Attend all required training, and meetings and complete necessary certifications as required.
- Engage in ongoing professional development and stay current with data systems upgrades, technologies, and new products. Maintain professional practice and development, staying current with recent approaches to improving systems for staff and families.
- Develop and work towards professional development goals in collaboration with your supervisor.
- Attend all required training and meetings, and complete necessary certifications as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree with skills in computer technology that include system administration, relational databases, and file management systems.
- Two or more years as a data analyst or related experience.
- Head Start Performance Standards
- Administration and a broad range of LAN and desktop knowledge skills of the Microsoft Office Suite, including an understanding of relational databases and file management systems
- Expansive knowledge of desktop/workstation hardware/software/operating systems (configurations and connectivity)
- Excellent technical knowledge and aptitude in the areas of networks, network technologies, network file servers, applicable software, and troubleshooting techniques
- Strong knowledge of device administration
- Strong knowledge of monitoring tools and client management tools
- Individuals much be sensitive to the socioeconomic and cultural characteristics of the service population and/or staff
- Strong skill in supporting applications and systems
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within routine tasks and larger program initiatives
- Ability to read and apply the information presented in user manuals
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Time management and organization
- Diligent attention to detail
- Works independently and collaboratively with others
- Work under pressure and manage competing priorities
- Skilled in written and verbal communication
- Utilization of technology
- Effective facilitation of professional development
ADA: Easterseals will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act of 1990. Unless exempted by the Americans with Disabilities Act, all persons hired for this position are required to possess the ability to perform the physical tasks necessary to perform all job functions, i.e., bending, floor-sitting, etc., as well as to have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Intelligence
- Collaborative Communications
- Data Analysis