Immediate need for a talented Senior Systems Analyst
with experience in the Energy Industry
. This is a 12+ Months Contract
opportunity with long-term potential and is located in RICHMOND, VA.
Please review the job description below. Job ID: 19-29590Key Responsibilities:
Key Requirements and Technology Experience:
- Works fairly independently, this role is competent to work on the most complex projects at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis activities.
- Formulates or defines system scope and objectives based on user needs.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer capacity and limitations, operating time and for of desired results.
- Is responsible for working with multiple business units in multi-platform environments on multi-project assignments.
- Guides and advises less experienced Systems Analysts. Monitored on project's progress and results.
- Errors may cause delay, expense and disruption.
- This role provides technical consulting. Incumbents are top analytical experts in one or more highly specialized phases of applications systems analysis.
- Formulates or defines system scope and objectives. Often acts as business experts and assists users in defining needs.
- Recommends best technologies to enhance current systems. Conducts system architecture and business information flow studies.
- Recommends appropriate computer platforms, workstations and communication linkage required to support specific related business processes and information flow.
- May act as a project work team/group leader.
- Is responsible for working company wide in multi-platform environments on multi-project assignments.
- Guides and advises less experienced Systems Analysts.
- Errors may cause significant disruption to operations or major costs.
- General application support.
- Windows Task scheduler, Services, etc.
- *.bat and *.vbs scripts. o Change Management o Service Now.
- DOMFTP o Archiving and purging of data.
- Oracle queries. I use TOAD.
- Must have mainframe ID
- CICS read access for EMRI
- TSO read access to allow browsing of mainframe files.
- Cobol programming
- JCL – including FTP (NETRCs)
- ENDEVOR (change management)
- BMC – to allow queries of EMR DB2 tables. Nice to have
- Read/bill cycles, read calendar
- Data flow (CBMS, MDMS, mainframe MDM, MV90, EMR)
- Types of billing readings: exception (handheld) routes, AMI (Mobile Collector), optical reads.
- Non-billing: Out-of-Route (Mobile Collector) and Auto Reader readings.
- MV90 – o FCS – Complete understanding of FCS.
- Optical probing.
- Experience in programming or systems analysis desired.
- Education Bachelors preferred Discipline Engineering, Physics, Business, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics.
Our client is a leading Energy Industry
and we are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. If you are interested in this position, please apply online for immediate consideration.
Write Technical Specification
Maintain Enterprise Application
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 19-29590
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
We're here to help you cut costs, focus on your core business, and nimbly respond to growth opportunities. You can rely on our knowledge and insights about the industry-specific challenges you face. Insights developed since our founding in 1996, through countless hours of client services provided by our stellar consultant team.
View the full profile
Working with us, you would join a roster of clients and partners that includes leaders within several key industries, including telecommunications, logistics, insurance, software development, hospitality, financial services, and healthcare. All benefiting from our lifecycle IT solutions, delivered through processes which are at par with CMMI Level 3. These include development, migration, testing, support, and maintenance; as well as superior IT staff augmentation service..