Department of Information Technology, hereinafter referred to as "DOIT".
Under the direction of the DOIT Project Manager , the Contractor shall provide project management services in support of the project initialization, planning, execution, monitor and control, and closing activities for multiple projects. This includes activities to mature and support adoption of practices, processes, and tools related to project management, portfolio management, system development, agile development, and governance.
Under the direction of the Project Manager, the assigned Project Manager (PM) will provide project management services for all aspects of the project including but not limited to the areas of integration, scope, time, cost, quality, resource, quality, communications, organizational change management, portfolio, risk, procurement, change control, and project closeout. The PM will facilitate the necessary scoping, planning, coordination, direction, governance and project management best practices necessary for successful project implementation.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The contracted PM shall:
- Provide management of the entire IT project lifecycle, by managing the project through initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and the project closure process.
- Establishes the Organizational Change Management Program enabling staff through organizational transition from their current state to the desired future state.
- Work with the Project Sponsor to direct all phases of the implementation of a large and complex information technology enterprise system(s).
- As requested, review the requirements, assessing impact to operations, recommending policy changes to executives, and implementing changes necessary to ensure regulatory compliance and enforcement.
- Work with the Project Sponsor to facilitate re-engineering of business processes.