RN Specialty Care - AdventHealth Medical Group
Location Address: 1613 N Mills Avenue Orlando, FL 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Medical Group
- Up To $3,000 Sign-On Bonus Available
- Immediate Healthcare Benefits
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- Central Florida’s premier multi-specialty medical group
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits such as Educational Reimbursement
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
- Full Time Days: Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs general nursing activities, ensuring quality care and efficient/timely flow of patients.
- Oversees appointment scheduling to ensure preferences are given to patients in emergency situations.
- Escorts patients to exam room within 15 minutes of arrival time as logged on the sign in sheet.
- Accurately performs and records in patient chart height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, respiration, and pulse. Screens complete and appropriate medical information from patient.
- Assists patients for exam, having them in proper undress. Instructs patients clearly in collection of samples and tests needed. Collects specimens within 10 mins of being ordered by the physician. Performs vena punctures within timely manner.
- Prepares equipment and aids physicians during treatment, examination and testing of patients. Maintains and securely controls medical supplies and medication counts, with adequate supporting records.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- One to two years of professional nursing experience; physician office preferred.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must be willing to float to other AHMG practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
- Current, valid Florida State of Board Nursing Registered Nursing License.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing, Bachelors Degree desirable.
- CPR Certified.
Performs a wide variety of professional nursing care activities and accommodates services for the physicians and the practice, following established standards, practices, policies and procedures. Candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care. Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe working environment. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions. Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public. Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Blood Pressure
- Quality Management
- Quality Assurance
- Health Care