Lead Teller - Mesquite Branch
We are team CUTX, and we exist to deliver an unexpected experience. We were chartered in 1931 to serve our communities better than the banks. Our focus is on teaching our members to take control of their finances. To join team CUTX, you must value Caring, Understanding, Teaching and eXceeding expectations at every interaction. We empower our employees to succeed. Most of all, you must be ready to have FUN! The primary purpose of the Lead Teller position is to assist Credit Union of Texas in living out its vision to “deliver an unexpected experience” by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members. The Lead Teller is responsible to lead the Store Tellers in performing financial and service transactions, to ensure the store is compliant with audit regulations, and all store operations are completed as set forth by our policy and procedures for Store Operations. A key component of this position is to ensure operational procedures are followed and that the store team is following proper policies and procedures for transactions and audits.
Major Duties and Essential Functions
1. Demonstrate enthusiastic support of Credit Union of Texas’ vision, core values, employee creed, and long term objectives. A key component of this is to “deliver an unexpected experience” by consistently providing outstanding service to internal and external members with every transaction.
2. Process all types of member transactions including account transactions, loan/lease payments, and credit card payments.
3. Meet or exceed established sales and service goals.
4. Ensure up-to-date knowledge of products and services by attending required training, retaining notifications of changes, and familiarity with all account/loan disclosures.
5. Coach team to meet or exceed their established goals.
6. Maintain day-to-day supervision of safes, vault, cash drawers, negotiable instruments, and balancing/summarization procedures. Oversees opening of safes in morning and securing of safes when teller cash drawers are removed. Secures safe and inventories of cash drawers and negotiable instruments at closing.
7. Assigns and controls employee keys, and ensures that all keys are issued and maintained in accordance with credit union policies and procedures.
8. Perform store audits including recyclers, employee cash and paper audits, membership and account modifications, safe deposit boxes, cash over/short reports, and GL reports.
9. Exercise due diligence by placing appropriate holds on checks deposited in accordance with Regulation CC and CUTX Funds Availability Policy. Ensure team members are also adhering to these policies in member transactions.
10. Remain compliant with Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering, Office of Foreign Assets Control and USA PATRIOT Act as they apply to the duties of the position. Ensure team members are also adhering to these policies.
11. Make suggestions to Store Leader on work procedure, work flow, machine requirements, and staffing and scheduling to improve service to membership.
12. Approve checks, drafts for deposit and other member requests beyond MSE authorized procedures.
13. Oversee ordering, receiving, and verification of incoming/outgoing vault cash.
14. Ensure that adequate cash levels for the Store limits, and MSE limits are maintained for service to members and in accordance to store policies and procedures.
15. Maintain ATM cash, replenishment and balancing and prepare all necessary reports for accounting purposes.
Other duties necessary to achieve the goals of the credit union: Comply with Brand Standards and ensure that all Store employees are adhering to policies and procedures of Credit Union of Texas. Meet established goals and provide exceptional service to internal members as well as external members. Ensure that the Store is compliant with all regulations, and Credit Union policies and procedures regarding operations, regulations, and compliance. Hours: Must be flexible to work Monday – Friday from 8:45 am to 6:30 pm and Saturdays from 9:45 to 2:30 pm.
Requirements Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position:
Must have the ability to multi-task and work under the pressure of deadlines
Effective verbal communication and written communication skills
Cognitive thinking, problem-solving skills, and sound decision-making
Excellent member-centric service skills
Tact and diplomacy when communicating with internal and external members Basic mathematical skills as it relates to the financial industry
Ability to maintain an attitude of positivity, teamwork and cooperation with internal members
Competence with computer programs, telephone, 10-key calculator, and other office machinery
Goal oriented and ability to stay on task in a fast-paced environment
Character built on integrity and sincerity; relatable
Embrace coaching and training administered by leadership
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Experience: Minimum 1-2 years or more of similar or related experience.
Complex Problem Solving