$45000.00 to $50000.00 yearly
This terrific company is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant. You'll be interested in this position if strong compensation, excellent benefits, and career advancement are priorities for you. Are you ambitious and detail-oriented? Robert Half Finance is seeking a Staff Accountant to join a thriving, fast-paced company that recognizes talent and effort. This is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity in the Houston, Texas area, at a company where effort is rewarded. To succeed in this role, you will need to prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation and be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. To succeed in this role, you will need to be comfortable participating in compliance, interacting with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and reviewing schedules reporting processes. You will be preferred for this role if you have a complex understanding of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
- Contribute to the implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Maintain intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliation
- Compose journal entries and conduct the month end close with minimal supervision
- Arrange schedules for capital lease and monthly payments
- Assemble analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management reporting
- Maintain depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Impromptu reporting and special projects, when requested
- In-depth knowledge of reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Play a part in a variety of department-wide initiatives
- Periodic maintenance and reconciliation of journal entries
- Organize and review various financial data, then report it in a manner that is useful and understandable
If you would like to learn more about this position, please email your resume ot Email blocked - click to apply
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Excellent attention to detail
- 1+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Strong analytical capabilities and discernment
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with ERP systems
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Financial Statement experience required
- Solid understanding of month end closings
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.