To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mobile, AL 36560
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
AM/NS Calvert • Mobile, AL
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Requisition ID: 12049
Created in February 2014 through a 50/50 joint venture of the world’s largest and second largest steelmakers, ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel Corporation, AM/NS Calvert is located in Calvert, AL. Our state-of-the-art steel processing facility has the capacity to process 5.3 million tons of high-value steel grades including hot rolled bands, hot rolled pickled and oiled, cold rolled, and advanced coated products for the automotive, pipe and tube, appliance/HVAC, service center and construction industries in the NAFTA market.
AM/NS Calvert products are marketed in NAFTA through managing joint venture partner ArcelorMittal.
- Perform day to day compensation activities
- Provide back up and support to benefits, HRIS or other positions as required
- Assists in analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, evaluating and improving company compensation practices
- Researches and recommends compensation programs and strategies based on current trends and analysis
- Participates in day-to-day compensation programs, including creating internal and external job offers and promotion recommendations
- Work with HRIS and IT to ensure that SAP meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes to salary structures, organizational structure, bonus programs, etc.
- Assist in the annual compensation merit cycle and bonus distribution process
- Collaborates with HRIS and Payroll to ensure accurate processing of merit increases and incentive program payments
- Participates in and conducts exempt and nonexempt salary surveys to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved
- Assists with benefit portion of New Hire Orientation
- Maintains benefit folders and paperwork; assists with open enrollment period
- Responds to benefit questions regarding eligibility, plan information, and claims via phone and email
- Maintains the I-9 program and documentation, including E-Verify
- Assists as needed with the day-to-day activities of the visa and immigration needs of expats and Team Members
- Assist with annual strategic workforce planning process which meets corporate requirements while providing 5-year headcount and strategies for all business units
- Other duties as assigned
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 14001:2015, IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 17025:2017
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, H.R., or related field required, and 2-3+ years of experience in Compensation/Benefits
- Human Resources principles and best practices in compensation including job analysis/evaluation;
- Applicable Federal, State, and local rules, regulations and/or statutes;
- Research methods and data analysis techniques;
- Excel for analysis of data; PowerPoint
- Employee relations principles and practices; customer service principles
- SAP/SuccessFactors experience preferred
- Conducting studies and preparing sound recommendations
- Analyzing and interpreting policies, practices and procedures
- Preparing written reports for varied audiences
- Conducting research, analyzing information and data and presenting findings in a concise format
- Addressing difficult situations in a constructive manner
- Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism
- Interest and ability to work at our site location in Calvert, Alabama
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Laptop, Desk Phone, Cell Phone
- Office Environment
HOURS OF WORK:
- Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads
Please note: The Job Profile is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
If you need an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, you may call 251-289-3000 or email AMNS.ApplicantTracking@arcelormittal.com to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
AMNS Calvert is an EEO Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Disability, Age, Vet, and Other Protected Group Status.