$50000.00 to $70000.00 yearly
There is an opportunity for a full-time Staff Accountant with a terrific CPA firm. Candidates looking to advance their careers while receiving strong compensation and excellent benefits will be interested in this position. Staff Accountant candidates who are ambitious and detail-oriented will be interested in Robert Half Finance's opportunity to join a thriving, fast-paced company that recognizes talent and effort. This is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity in the Livingston, New Jersey area, at a company where effort is rewarded. Preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation and being responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close will be essential for this role. To succeed in this role, you will need to be comfortable participating in compliance, interacting with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and reviewing schedules reporting processes. This is a job where someone with a complex understanding of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets can thrive.
- Take part in various department-wide initiatives
- Upon request, take part in special projects and impromptu reporting
- Prepare monthly financial close workbooks to support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process
- Assemble analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management reporting
- Compose thorough journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
- Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
- In-depth experience with reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Implement, maintain, and adhere to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Manage reconciliation, depreciation, and fixed asset ledgers
- Periodically maintain and reconcile journal entries
- Manage intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
- Manage schedules for capital lease and monthly payments
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Proven analytical skills - defining problems, collecting relevant data, drawing valid conclusions, and recommending improvement/corrective actions
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Experience with ERP systems
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
For consideration, please email your resume in WORD format to Email blocked - click to apply
, or call James Setteducato at Phone number blocked - click to apply
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.